Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Fibe 12 for about a week. Previously with Primus DSL. I was previouly able to access my HP Mediaserver remotely.

Anyone with a Homesever running MS Homeserver software run across a message like this.

"resource (#####.homeserver.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 443, possibly due to firewall or security policy setting, or becasue it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn't find any problems with the firewall on your computer."

When I set up remote access within the Homeserver I get a green check mark on all the checks to indicate remote access is working. When I try to access the site it doesn’t work and I get the above message. If I change the setting on the modem to DMZ I can access it remotely but I can’t access it at home on my internal network. With DMZ off it works ok on my internal network. The ports aren’t blocked based on running checks provided by several web sites.

I have tried a number of different things and haven’t found a solution yet.

Contacted Bell and was told port isn’t blocked.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It sounds like you need to enable port-forwarding for port 443 to your HP Mediaserver on the new Modem/Router for your LAN. In the DMZ it works fine because the rules are different but on the LAN it will require proper setup.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The router has been set up for port 443 to be open. Is there something within the HP Mediaserver that also needs changing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NineBall, thanks for the suggestion and link. The link was a help in it confirmed I had set the router up correctly for ports 80, 443, and 4125. So it appears it is something else that is causing my problem.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coop, thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try. I have Bell Fibe 12 and they supplied their router which is 2wire

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried the WHSPortForward add-in and it doesn't work. Say modem doesn't support UPnP although it is my understanding it does. This is a program written back in 2009 and may not work with the current hardware and software. I guess it is back to square one now.
Thanks for the information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts