Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are considering switching to Rogers Home Phone due to costs - the Rogers equivalent to our current Bell plan is ~$30 or so cheaper.

I have looked at the Rogers site and have not been able to find the information I am looking for and my friends that have Rogers Home Phone don't check their messages when not at home :confused:

Simple question: How do you check your Rogers Home Phone voicemail from work, someone elses home, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
There are several ways to check your voicemail. The feature is called "Home and Away Voicemail".

- You can check from home by entering a code.
- You can dial your home number from another phone and enter a code.
- You can check by dialing a 1-877 number
- You can check by logging onto a specific Rogers website via computer (Rogers.com/onlinevoicemail) then enter the appropriate information.
- You can have the option to have your voicemail sent to any e-mail address (WAV file) and check your e-mail from your or any computer. (this is what I use when travelling)

I love these options.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
How do you check your Rogers Home Phone voicemail from work, someone elses home, etc.?
Dial 1-877-643-7786 and follow the prompts to enter your phone number and password.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Don't want to send this thread off on a tangent but two comments you may wish to consider since your question has been answered.

the Rogers equivalent to our current Bell plan is ~$30 or so cheaper.
I find that difficult to believe since Bell and Rogers are fairly competitive. Out of curiosity have you contacted Bell to ask?

You may also want to consider VoIP providers for home service since that is what Rogers telephony is.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the answers folks.

Re: Bell

The last time I talked with Bell about prices, the best they could do was take $5 a month off our bill for one year.

The total pre-tax price for the Rogers package offer we received is 36 cents higher than Bell's starting price and has no time limit tied to it.
All of the fees are included in the price, and it includes long distance which we pay extra for with Bell.

We could go with a VOIP provider, but going with Rogers would increase our bundle discount percentage (even though it can't be applied to RHP).

I will take your advice and call Bell and see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
There are several ways to check your voicemail
You can also configure your voicemail to send a SMS to your cell phone, when a message has been left. I use that feature.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find that difficult to believe since Bell and Rogers are fairly competitive. Out of curiosity have you contacted Bell to ask?
I spoke to Bell this week, and they made me a fantastic offer :rolleyes:

$5 off per month if I commit to Bell for one year.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bell called us back yesterday and made us a much better offer than their first one, so we are staying with Bell at this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts