Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if this topic was already answered.

I just moved into a new home and want to distribute audio to several rooms. I have a Pioneer VSX-21TXH which already allows for 2 zone distribution, but is there an easy, low cost way to distribute even more?

If the receiver is in the family room (where there is a smart wire bundle in the wall), what can I do to distribute audio to the rooms on the second floor and perhaps the dining room?

I've seen the likes of a-bus and control4. Would I wire my Pioneer down to a panel in the basement then distribute accordingly?

Thanks all for hearing me out!

Jonathan

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Shouldn't be a difficult question to answer even if it's from a n00b!
Easy questions can easily be answered by searching rather than bumping. Being a noob doesn't give you licence by breaking the rules of the forum and bumping your thread

The reality is there are lots of options. Wireless audio systems, running additional wires to additional speakers and selecting through speaker switches, running to amps in other rooms and so on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Understood. I'll keep searching. I am finding a lot of answers on the big picture, but not too man on the details.

No worries.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You likely haven't gotten any replies because your question is very vague and you haven't provided much detail.

What kind of budget did you have in mind? Your idea of "low cost" can be vastly different from someone else. It would also help if you provided more detail about what you currently have. You mention a "smart wire bundle" in the family room. Can you elaborate on what exactly that is? Is it a combo CAT5/RG6 bundle? If so, that's not going to help much for distributing audio.

What about the other rooms. Do they have speakers? Are they pre-wired? You also mention a panel in the basement. What is running to the panel already?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi grog,

It's probably better if I just search the site to see what other have done.

My house is new, but doesn't have anything in it yet aside from the Pioneer VSX-21THX in the family room.

I was really just looking to find out if I can connect my Pioneer to something in the basement that would then send audio out to various rooms in the house (wireless or not). If so, could each room play their own music pulled from the Pioneer or not?

I understand it's vague, I just don't know what my options are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts