Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hollywood Suite for 4 HD Movie Channels are Hollywood Suite on Bell Satellite and Bell Fibe in Free preview. This launch on Bell TV marks the first national TV distributor to offer Hollywood Suite's 4 HD channels, subscription video on demand service via set-top-box and soon via broadband through Bell TV Online (BTVOL).

• WarnerFilms - Bell Satellite: 1270, Fibe: 1315
  • MGM Channel - Bell Satellite: 1271, Fibe: 1316
  • Hollywood Storm - Bell Satellite: 1272, Fibe: 1317
  • Hollywood Festival Bell Satellite: 1273, Fibe: 1318

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im really liking the new Hollywood suite channels. I called 2 days ago to add it to my package ( so i can access it on VOD) but the girl said the systems wont let them add it since its on free preview. she told me call back Jan19 because thats when it allows them to add it to the account.

On a side note.. I read in the other thread about the Hollywood suite VOD movies being 1080P/24FPS.. Anyone know if that's How its going to be on fibe?
If so Well worth $6 a month IMO

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have been watching quite a few movies since the holidays on these 4 free preview channels and have been very pleased. Quite a good line up.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Am I missing something here? Looks like pretty slim pickings and what they have are relatively older movies. Right now, I see 18 movies on two channels and 14 on the third. Been waiting since these first appeared hoping they'd add more but looks like this is it.

Defnitely think the Movie network package is a better deal in terms of quantity, quality, and value for your $$$.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes I think you are missing something. I happen to like older movies and a large number of those shown are classics and look great in HD. For 0.166cents a day based on a 30 day month at the $5.00 a month cost I say this is great value indeed for old movie buffs like me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this $5 a month ONGOING? Or just for introductory period?
Recall when we took TMN it started well...then quality/selection deteriorated badly...after 2 years we cut the service, disillusioned.
Will they play the same game here too?

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
The regular price is in the $5-$8 range from other providers so that will be an ongoing price. (Rogers charges $6.) I had Hollywood Suite for a few months. Can't say I was impressed by the selection of movies but that's subjective and it may have changed. The currently airing movies are also available on demand.

Note that this thread is 4 years old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts