Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.siriusxm.com/holiday

Holiday Channels on SiriusXM - Starts November 14, 2011.

Holly
Ch. 17 | November 14 - January 2

From contemporary holiday music to traditional favorites, make the Christmas party hop with songs by Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Richard Marx, Gloria Estefan Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban, Michael Buble and more.

Holiday Traditions
Ch. 147 | November 14 - January 2

Dream of a White Christmas with traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s by artists such as Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff, Nat "King" Cole and more.

Holiday Traditions will also be available on Limited Engagements 2 on SiriusXM Internet Radio Ch. 812

Holiday Pops
Ch. 75 | December 2 - December 26

Rejoice in the sounds of the season with classical Christmas carols and holiday favorites performed by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, New York Philharmonic, Kings College Choir, Boston Pops, Thomas Hampson and more.

Country Christmas
Ch. 58 | December 2 - December 25

Make spirits bright with a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Rogers and more.

Navidad
Ch. 501 | December 2 - January 7

You’ll hear contemporary Latin holiday music and traditional sounds, including Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, José Feliciano, Aventura, Marco Antonio Solís, Christina Aguilera and more.

Navidad will also be available on Limited Engagements 3 on SiriusXM Internet Radio Ch. 813

Holiday Soul
Ch. 49 | December 16 - December 28

Santa's got a brand new bag with classic soul and Motown holiday music from the '60s and '70s, including Aretha Franklin, Temptations, James Brown, Lou Rawls, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Dionne Warwick, The Jackson 5, The Four Tops, The Supremes, The O'Jays, Gladys Knight and more.

Radio Hanukkah
Ch. 69 | December 20 - December 29

Celebrate the festival of lights with extensive collection of Hanukkah music, including contemporary, traditional and children's Hanukkah selections.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Navidad and Holiday Soul are new this year.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm a big fan of Holiday Pops. As much as I like the choral music, I wish they'd expand it to include instrumental Christmas music as well, such as classical guitar, harp, and piano.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Holiday channels for 2011

Yay, the Christmas channel notifications came out earlier this year. My favorite is Holiday Pops. Glad to see two new holiday channels also. :cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
i think they will do what they did year. the channels that do not show up on the radio will be offered online only. i doubt there would be any radios in canada be would be able to pick the channel thats in the 500's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, Mr. Weather, I'm listening right now, and reading an e-mail from XM Canada telling me again that Traditions won't be offered this year! Oh well. Let's keep this quiet, in case they pull the plug.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't understand why digitalhome.ca posts information for SiriusXM US programming?

Most of the time the programming isn't available for Sirius or XM Canada...

I'm guessing Hugh has a US subscription. but that doesn't help the 99% of us in Canada that don't have a US subscription.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
II have both XM US and Canada and Holiday Traditions is on both. All the info Hugh provides has applied to both since as far as I can remember.

I don't get your post.

·
Registered
494 Posts
II have both XM US and Canada and Holiday Traditions is on both. All the info Hugh provides has applied to both since as far as I can remember.

I don't get your post.
Most of the halloween programming wasn't available on Sirius Canada. There was reference to several channels that were only on SiriusXM US.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holiday Traditions on channel 147 is NOT available on Sirius Canada. Just confirmed via Sirius Canada customer service and Sirius Canada website.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Okay let's check something here. Isn't Sirius different from XM in Canada? As far as I know, I thought only XM had the Christmas channels. I never heard my friends with Sirius talk about these channels.

Is 147 available on Sirius radios in the US?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Some of the channels from SiriusXM US are available on Sirius Canada and other are available on XM Canada. Other channels are not availible on either service in Canada.

The point is that there is no SiriusXM service providers in Canada. Having the US service is considered a grey area but cmon.

Maybe digitalhome.ca should start posting DirectTV and Dish network information on the main page as well for the TV grey market.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Holiday Traditions on channel 147 is NOT available on Sirius Canada. Just confirmed via Sirius Canada customer service and Sirius Canada website.
That's very strange...as I have an XM-Canada account and listened to 147 (Holiday Traditions), last night and this morning on the way to work!

Perhaps Sirius and XM have not completely merged yet (in Canada).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some of the channels from SiriusXM US are available on Sirius Canada and other are available on XM Canada. Other channels are not availible on either service in Canada.

The point is that there is no SiriusXM service providers in Canada. Having the US service is considered a grey area but cmon.

Maybe digitalhome.ca should start posting DirectTV and Dish network information on the main page as well for the TV grey market.
With all due respect, those TV services are not grey market in Canada; they are illegal as clearly outlined in the Supreme Court's ruling.
There's no comparison to be made there. Also, as pointed out by other users in this thread, much of the information is the same between the US and Canadian counterparts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What's really strange is that when I scroll to channel 147 on Sirius Canada radio in my car, it first shows the channel as "unsubscribed" but then switches to show what is playing on that station - e.g. White Christmas - Bing Crosby. But when I try to select the channel, it doesn't tune it in, it simply gives me the toll free number for Sirius Canada!

In any event, I would really like it if Sirius Canada could get channel 147/Holiday Traditions working in Canada.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts