Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turned on my 3 year old (working just fine tv) to see some pretty serious red ghosting. Tried magic focus but it just struggled on red and gave me error code 4. Tried manual convergence, but just wouldn't let me move my correction on red horizontally,all other adjustments work. Now I recieve error code 3 when trying magic focus. If anyone could help would be much appreciated. Bitzy.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
According to the service manual that I have, error messages 3 and 4 point to a defective DCU and refer to specific defective resistors. Call a tech.

BTW welcome to DHC. Good luck with your tv.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx RNAChemist. doesnt sound to promising. Did a initialize error check,and it came back with a red word ERROR in the middle and a red 3 in the corner. Was also wondering if anyone knows if you can take the convergence board out of the tv. easier than taking the tv to repair shop. thanx bitzy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Error

That point to possible out of tolerance resistor. Look at the 2 for the red. If these resistors are out of tolerance you may have a convergence IC going out so time to do the replacement. This is the most common problem. It is rare for a DCU to go bad but it does happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts