Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be mounting my 42" Panasonic with a simple configuration in order to make space in my small condo while also keeping my wife happy.

The plan is to mount the tv, then below the tv goes a Samsung Speaker Bar (please don't give me any guff on that) then below that on a floating shelf, my Xbox 360 Slim. No STB as we've cut the cable and are doing fine with Netflix.

The cabling would all be in the wall between the studs so it was proving to be a pretty simple operation until I thought about the Xbox power brick.

That thing is huge! I can't put it in the wall. Anybody have any creative ideas? I really don't want to see any cables just have everything "floating" on the wall.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
82 Posts
Make your shelf hollow ?
There are alternate power supplies for the xbox though , ( this is just general knowledge )

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Congratulations on both "cutting the cable" as well as setting up (what I presume) will be an aesthetically pleasing configuration.

That said, to conform to electrical code, I think you're going to need to have a power outlet for the TV/XBOX to plug into around where the floating shelf will be. And the XBOX "brick" will probably need to be there, unless you can find another (3rd party) XBOX power supply. Maybe a dual-gang box with 2 power outlets and two network cables won't look too bad if you get a nice keystone plate.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Put the PSU behind the TV somehow. There should be plenty of cord on the low voltage side.

You have a duplex receptacle installed there for its power, and the Xbox. You need a receptacle, for you cannot run AC power cords in wall cavities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts