Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else subscribes to this channel and if so whether you have any information on its status?

Channel 297 is HereTV "On Demand". Until recently it worked fine. However, in the last couple months I've noticed two problems. First, the "movie" option is missing from the main menu. It still shows "documentaries", "series" and "specials" but no "movies". Second, the three categories that do still show on the menu (documentaries, series and specials) don't seem to be updating.

I have contacted Rogers technical support three times. The first time they opened a ticket. Two days later I received an automated telephone message that the problem was fixed, although it wasn't.

The second time I called and also sent an email and asked that they escalate the ticket, which they agreed to do. They also confirmed that they had the same problem when they accessed the channel (no movie option). I got a call a day or two later asking me to call with additional information. When I called in the person just said they needed some signal information, although they didn't ask me for any info or to do anything. Again in two days I got another call saying the problem was fixed, although it wasn't.

The third time I called and asked to speak to a supervisor. I went through the history and he indicated that they could not assist since it was not a technical problem. He connected me to customer support. The customer support person said they could not help with "content" and gave me contact info for HereTV. She then escalated the call to a manager who said he would also email HereTV and get back to me next week. I have also emailed HereTV myself.

I assume Rogers pays HereTV some portion of the subscription price, so I am surprised that no one at Rogers would know if there has been a change to the service. If I go to the HereTV website there is no reference to Rogers (or any problems with Rogers). They still refer to movies that are "on now".

I've tried googling rogers and channel 297 but couldn't find any reference to anyone else having this problem. Maybe I am the only one who actually subscribes to this channel... or maybe there was a notice that I didn't get (although no one at Rogers seems to have gotten it either). So, I thought I would try here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So 189 views and no replies, which leads me to conclude no one has any more information that I do.

As it turns out, I did get a response from HereTV. They said that they have sold their rights to channel 297 to OutTV which is now responsible for scheduling and programming.

I've emailed OutTV to confirm the status of the channel, but no response so far. I've also emailed Rogers again to express my dissatisfaction. I appreciate that they don't run the channel but they are quite happy to take subscribers money. You would think someone there would no if the channel has been sold.

If I get any further info I'll post it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds to me like it's time to cancel your subscription to that channel...

- Bill H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts