Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

701 - 714 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
CHNU (Vancouver area JOY TV) is now broadcasting a test pattern on its UHF repack number (channel 24 remapped to channel 67.1). It comes in quite strong and steady through the side of my 91XG in Burnaby BC, pointed towards Seattle. Unfortunately CHNU completely wipes out KUNS from Seattle which also broadcasts on channel 24, replacing 3 "decent" TV stations with a yet another OTA religious station is not a good swap

·
Registered
118 Posts
Overall the Seattle UHF repack has been a positive at my Burnaby BC location. From a distance of 182 KM away, I now get two Seattle channels (KOMO and KING) rock solid 24/7 including during heavy rain, and KIRO now comes in stronger with less dropoff than before the UHF repack.

·
Registered
283 Posts
CHNU (Vancouver area JOY TV) is now broadcasting a test pattern on its UHF repack number (channel 24 remapped to channel 67.1). It comes in quite strong and steady through the side of my 91XG in Burnaby BC, pointed towards Seattle. Unfortunately CHNU completely wipes out KUNS from Seattle which also broadcasts on channel 24, replacing 3 "decent" TV stations with a yet another OTA religious station is not a good swap
JoyTV is the only TV signal coming from east of you, is that correct? Could you mount some kind of deflector on the east side of your antenna?

Keith R

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks, I have thought of putting some kind of deflector to block out JoyTV, signals coming from the east tend to be weaker than expected at this location due to a lot of high rise apartments along Kingsway east of me blocking the way, but this new JoyTV channel 24 is much stronger than the old channel 47

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks, I have thought of putting some kind of deflector to block out JoyTV, signals coming from the east tend to be weaker than expected at this location due to a lot of high rise apartments along Kingsway east of me blocking the way, but this new JoyTV channel 24 is much stronger than the old channel 47
Indeed, it does seem that the signal has strengthened. I never could get JoyTV here in South Langley, but based on your report I rescan and it popped up.

[EDIT] - just realized that it only test transmitting as you implied earlier, no actual programming yet.

They do have a phone number if you want to call and complain but I am guessing the frequency will not change from what they have newly been assigned.

Keith R

·
Registered
218 Posts
CTV Ottawa cjoh-dt-13

Does anyone have any idea what will happen to CTV 13 CJOH-DT in repack phase10

IC still lists it as moving to 7
but a while back rabbitears changed the repack channel from 7 to 16
i fear they confused the retrasmitted cjoh-dt in sederonto which is currently A6 going to D16 in phase11

16 would certainly be nicer than 7 but i'm not holding my breath

·
Registered
18 Posts
CJOH Ottawa

charettepa
Take a look in the Ottawa and Watertown thread in "OTA Station & Network Operational Status" page.

The story is that CJOH transmitterr in Deseronto will be shut down completely. That makes channel 16 available, so CJOH has applied to use channel 16 for their Ottawa transmitter.
I don't know if that has been approved or confirmed yet.
The proposed change date is May 2, 2020.

Anyone else know the latest news?

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/220-ota-station-network-operational-status/107973-ota-station-status-ottawa-watertown-ny-s-colton-ny-191.html#post3103533

·
Registered
634 Posts
WFFF and WVNY

Hey guys,

Long time.

I got this email from the chief engineer of the sister stations:

Fyi.. We are currently scheduled to repack and change frequency the end of June and the first week of July so once that is done on July 3rd you will need to do a rescan to get both channel 22 and channel 44 back.

Intravino

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
No idea what goes on in ottawa, but ain't over til the fat lady sings...
I think would have til Midnight.

Unless certain stations filed for an extension??

·
Registered
255 Posts
July 3 has come and gone, and yet CJOH, CHRO and CHOT are still on their old channels. I wonder when they'll finally move.

·
Registered
255 Posts
CJOH, CHRO, CJCH and CKVP are scheduled to move on August 5:

701 - 714 of 714 Posts