Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I went out and bought a Sony HX909 LCD, Sony HT-SF470 Home theatre and upgraded by Bell 3100 reciever to a 6131. The only older component I used was my DVD/PVR a Pioneer DVR-460H.

The good news!

All is connected via HDMI and the TV , Bell and Sound System work great.

The Bad News!

I can not record TV to the Pioneer, all i get is black.
I have tried every different input on the Pioneer in the settings.
I can watch DVD's fine from it and watch TV I recorded earlier before the switchover. But can not record any new TV.
I have wiped the settings and started over several times but perhaps this is not possible?
Any thoughts as to why? :eek:

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I had already read those threads :)

I eventually just used s-video/rca for audio to connect the Bell 6131 to the Pioneer DVR. It may not record in HD, but it works.
And it gives me an excuse to buy a new PVR :D

Thanks

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Why not just add an External Hard Drive to the 6131 then you can record in HD.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
I had already read those threads. I eventually just used s-video/rca for audio to connect the Bell 6131 to the Pioneer DVR.
Had you actually read the first link, it indicates to use composite or S-video to record and indicates that you cannot record HD using a DVD recorder. I have no idea how you were connected and got the black screen...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

I want to use by current Pioneer because I am still connecting my VCR to it to convert video. It works great until that is done.

Must have missed the part about s-video or composite. Not sure how I got the black screen, but was using HDMI. The pioneer is older and can be a bit "quircky" some times, but overall iot works well. Sorry not sure....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another one...

Anybody have a good recommendation for a 7" portable TV that I can hook my 6131 in just to "fine tune" my dish on the roof in the spring with? ( Assuming the snow melts!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The online "mp3playerstore" has a large selection for small TVs.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If you connect an EHD, you can record all you want and then play back through the VCR just the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts