Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading through this forum trying to figure out how to install my bell satellite. I can not seem to get it to work properly though. I have attached a diagram of my setup, can someone please tell me what im doing wrong??? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
According to that drawing, you only have 1 line from each LNBF, to fix the problems you need to add a second feed from each LNBF, like this;

Your wiring on the Output side is fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I do only have one feed from each LNB coming into the house. According to the person that sold me the second LNB, that was all I needed to run the 'two tuner' DVR receiver. Evidently it is not. I see where my problem is, thank you.

I have one more question I was not able to find on here. If instead of having two single LNB's I had the 'twin LNB' and ran the two cables from the twin into an SW-44, where would those two cables attach to the SW-44 and would it essentially be the same as running 4 cables of the setup i have now? The reason I ask is that it may be easier to replace the two single LNB's with a twin LNB. I intend to run one dual tuner and two single tuners off this setup...

·
Registered
292 Posts
dpp lnb's are not compatible with sw44 switches.
if you switch to a dpp lnb instead of running 2 more lines from your existing setup you would also need to buy a dpp44 switch. and a dpp seperator for the dual tuner if you only wanted to run 1 line to that.
Thanks for catching the dpp34 error pinza it should have been dpp33 :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Stick with getting an SW44, then run a second line to the Dual Tuner and 1 line to each of the other receivers.

I think "Installer' is mixing DP with DPP, to the besk of my knowledge there is no such animal as a DPP34, that would be a DP34, this would also require you to run 2 lines to the Dual Tuner, so no advantage in using it.

A DPP Twin LNBF, feeding a DPP44, give 4 outputs, allcapable of feeding a Dual Tuner Receiver with the addition of a DPP Separator, the DPP33, can feed 3 of them.

As I said, you already have the Legacy LNBF's, just get an SW44, feed it with 2 lines from each LNBF and run extra lines for your receivers, lots of them around for $50, new and boxed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, i attached the other two cables and everything now works perfect. The only thing I would like to note is that I didnt receive all of the channels (or a signal from 91 for that matter) until i ran a 'check switch' test in the 'point dish' menu. It took me longer then it should have for me to figure that out. But it works the way it should now, thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts