Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It now beeps every 10 seconds... when i check the trouble code it comes up as code 7 which is .. Smoke Detector Circuit Trouble ,.,, i did not even know it was connected to any smoke detectors... i tried unplugging the wires that said "fire" on the main board.... no luck... keeps beeping... the manual says when the smoke detector goes off to hit *4 which i did... still no luck.... just keeps beeping.. any ideas would help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a photo - if i disconnect the fire wire - the one with the resistor - id does not stop the beeping and trouble code..
alarm.png

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
according to my installation manual, i have a different versoin of DSC by the way, but smoke alarms only use the following terminals: Aux and PGM, Zone 2 and any COM terminal. No where should it connect to a "fire" try disconnecting the wires at the end of the smoke alarm to see if it helps. maybe the actual detector is faulty? i dont know much about monitored smoke alarms, I always wanted to, but its a lot to learn so if it still persists, please call an expert, or try to find a installaers manual for your model of dsc panel and read up on the wiring schematic,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts