Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information about Sinclair Brighton Cue 5.1 Speaker System? I have not hear of them and have checked the board and can not find any posts talking about them.
I currently do not have any speakers and need a Surround Sound System to go with my: 1. Panasonic TC-P54VT25

2. Denon AVR 1911

3. Blue Ray Panny BT100

My room size is 12' x 13' My price range is in the area of $500.

Any suggestions or other system to look at would be apprecitated.

Thank you and take care..........

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
Assume you mean "cube".

http://www.sinclairaudio.com/cubeSystem.html

The subwoofer is only 6.5" and rated at 100W. The speakers are quite small. Depends what you want out of speakers - if you want small, then this appears to be quite small. I cannot comment on the audio quality - have you listened to them?

Perhaps someone else here has direct experience with these speakers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Cube, I am also looking at PSB (aintroht-1) surround sound speakers.
They are selling around $550 at 2001.

Thanks and take care.......

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe it refers to the PSB Alpha HT1 system.
given the choice, I would go with the PSB set up. I have heard this PSB set up and it's not bad for the $$. I haven't heard the other system.

you might want to look around for a one of the Paradigm Cinema set ups. they sometimes go on sale as well.

or you could also try the used market.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started down the road looking towards a quick and simple 5.1 setup. I currently have a set of Paradigm Cinema 70s in my living room and I'm completely underwhelmed. I also listened to a few other similar sets including the Alpha A1s.

I'm starting to settling into the feeling that these mini satellite speakers just can't cut it in terms of providing a rich sound scape, no matter what jargon manufacturers throw out.

I really tend to think there's a physical limit that these companies have stepped passed in terms of making speakers that simply cannot handle low frequencies and rely to a great extent on a powered sub. A lot of these speakers crossover to the sub at something like 150 Hz which is a problem given that low frequencies don't loose directionality until ~ 80 Hz.

I'm taking a turn towards picking up a set of good moderately sized bookshelf speakers with some heft. Side by side with the HTiB setups, decent bookshelves are much better at reproducing music than HTiBs... even using only a pair without subwoofer.

Once I pack the Cinemas back up, I'm thinking of demoing a set of RX2s or B&W 685s and building from there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Small Speakers

I've had the struggle with finding a small speaker with great performance. I've been watching the Klipsch line. I wanted a book shelf based system however my wife convinced me to go with some small floor standers. She found a pair of RB15 (5 1/4" mid) discounted at London Drugs and matched them with a small centre channel RC10 (4" mid).

I have not regretted picking up these speakers (RB15) even though I would like to upgrade the centre eventually. FYI I also auditioned Paradigm Monitor series, B & W, and Monitor Audio Bronze series. My preference from the demos was the Monitors but that was a little out of my price range (Auditioned w/ $1,000 Denon rec'vr & Paradigm Ultra Cube sub).
HAPPY HUNTING

·
Registered
721 Posts
Energy Take 5, now called Energy Take Classic.

Excellent sounding little speakers that can be found on sale a couple of times each year for around $500.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Zero,

If your a satellite speakers fan, then before you give up all hope go demo some Anthony Gallo Micro's or A'Divas, Like all satellites the base will come from the sub but I tell you the Anthony Gallo's are the best satellite I have ever heard. I also have a Cinema 70 5.1 system in my living room, which I installed just to hold me over when I moved into my new house until the Home theater was built.

I kick myself every day that I didn't spend the extra dollars and buy the gallo's, This fall I'm going to scrap my Cinema 70's and switch the the A'Diva Ti's the difference in sound is amaizing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts