Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a question regarding setting up a VPN on Linux for specific traffic.
I too would like to use Hulu but I am running Mythbuntu.
I would love to setup a VPN but only have the Huludesktop app use the VPN connection all other traffic should go out not over the VPN. I don't know if this is possible and my Google-fu turns up very little/no info on this.
Hopefully this is the right spot for this question.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has been a long time since I started this thread and not surprisingly I just got around to getting things going.
So here is my situation, I had to setup a VPS recently so I figured why not get OpenVPN going on the machine and kil 2 birds with one stone.
So for this past weekend I have been on and off working on getting OpenVPN up and running. I can ping between client and server which means I should have a good connection there.
After much fighting I was able to get socksd up and running on my server as well. Unfortunately when I try to connect to the socks server in firefox using the internal IP of the socks server it doesn't work, when I echo the server and then try to sockify huludesktop I am not being redirected through the socks server.

I would appriciate any help with this. I can paste logs, configs etc, just let me know what I can share to make this work.

Thanks,

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so to keep things updated here for the sake of future reference, I was able to get firefox to connect to my vpn. I had to set the socks server to 4 instead of 5. Now my browser works as if I am in the US.
Now to figure out how to route my huludesktop traffic through the vpn/socks server.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.