Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I set up our bell satellite high definition receiver (9241) and dish at our seasonal camping spot. I finally got everything working and then we had a storm. The wind resulted in pulling out a couple of the stakes that were anchoring the tripod the bell dish is sitting in. I had level the tripod and mast again. As a result the connection was lost. When I did a switch test it said there was a problem and it wasn’t recognizing one of the satellites. It asked me if I wanted to save and I said yes as I thought it would save satellite 91 and I could start over and get 82 in after. Not so!

here’s the equipment I have. A bell TV 21“ x 3 23 inch oval dish 500 And tripod, BELL TV DPP quad LNB, dish network DISH pro plus DPP separator for bell TV and an RG6 cable. to set it up again I have one RG6 cable coming out of left side of LNB (91) going straight into the separator. Then I have two cables coming out and going into port one and two of the bell 9241 receiver.

I’ve tried doing a check switch without any cables connected to the receiver, unplugging the receiver, reconnecting the cables and turning on the receiver. No luck. I have the dish set and pointing at satellite 91 first. Once I will get that in and then I can adjust the skew to get 82 in. That’s what I did the first time and it worked.

i’m lost at what I should do next to get reconnected. By the way, I did call bell for them to shoot out a signal to me prior to doing the above.
thanks for your help. I learned a very good lesson. I should’ve written down exactly what I did before to fix this exact issue, when I first set it up.

also,the two error 15 pics is what first comes up when I turn on the satellite receiver. It starts with 91 and then goes to “X” satellite (which is probably because I don’t have 80 to set properly). It never finds the right transponder and the progress always remains at zero.
8ABDAA32-DCAF-4B37-B334-9978DC9CFE1F.jpeg

H

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
You need to go into aim the dish setup (MENU,6,1,1) and check the signal strength on each satellite. As you watch the signal meter you can adjust the dish.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can’t. It’s not even registering that there is a lnb attached. i did try that. No luck. I wish it was that simple. I had it all done before, then the satellite moved and fell partly over. Now it’s not being recognized.
There has to be another step before trying to find the signal strength for each satellite. The switch is in the LNB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Any chance the LNB has been damaged? How can I tell if it has?

also, this is a new cable and LNB that has only been set up for a week and a half. Not sure how it could all work perfectly and then the cable could be defective or damaged. Nothing has changed. I looked at the cable and see no issues with it. All connections are okay. Any way to test the LNB itself?

I now have a tech scheduled to come out at a cost of $75.00. I’m hoping we can figure it out before the date they are to come. Such a waste of money. I’m sure it’s something easy that I missed.

update: I forgot to add one thing.
I've reset my pvr(9241), and when looking at the point dish menu It is all red, says "not locked, name not acquired, signal strength 0".
I ran a switch test, and it told me i was going lose channels. I still hit save, and now its all red and X's all over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts