Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
LOL Dr. Dave I guess the web ppl keep taking away the 3/6 hours just when I try to use Zap2it! At least I still have Starred Channels. Also Grid Start Time but I don't care about that b'cuz I always want Now.

p.s It's okay b'cuz I don't think I want 6 hrs. anyway, everything would be too small.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Zap2it really broken w/Firefox. Was able to scroll but it was jiggly. Now it's only showing a couple hours of squished listings like it's doing six hours, but I can't change it. Tried Chrome and it lets me pick 3 or 6 hrs., also the listings are all there. Prefer FF but will have to use Chrome for now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
FYI, for mac users, the guide has no 6 hour options with Safari or Firefox, but the option is in Chrome.

Edit: after posting, I changed the dimensions of the window in Chrome and it reverted to 2 hours display sooooo, I changed the dimensions in Safari and I got the 6 hours display but only 2 hours with info. I clicked the grid preferences and the 3 hours and 6 hours option was there, chose 6 hours and saved. Now I had 6 hours worth of info in the display.

If I shrink the window, I get the 2 hours display. So you window size seems to affect your options.

Bob

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
A few other Zap2it changes I noticed (using Firefox under Ubuntu Linux)

1. :smile Movies now show the release date.
  2. :frown Clicking the right and left scroll buttons resets the vertical scroll to the top. This only seems to happen with the "Starred" view selected, not the others.
  3. :frown Updating the grid after a left or right scroll is much slower than before.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Clicking the right and left scroll buttons resets the vertical scroll to the top. This only seems to happen with the "Starred" view selected, not the others.
It also changes the time to the current hour, so if you're searching prime time, it changes the time displayed.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Right and left scroll does what it's supposed to on my FF (goes forward or back in time), doesn't change to the current time. And its fast. But it does skip back to the top of the channel list. :-(

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Thanks for responding. Are you guys signed in? I took away the cookies and then I could see the listings but when I try to log in it just spins and spins.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
I made a new account and so far it works on two computers so fingers crossed! Dunno why the old one won't work been using it for years and years. Thanks for letting me know it was on my end.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It usually work fine for me, the only thing is that once about every 2 weeks, it's just spin ans spin until I refresh, and then it automatically sign me off, and I have to re-login again, very annoying.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
winterwolf I'm still having probs too. Worked okay for a while now the only way I can get in is signing out, if I sign back in it just spins. So I can't get my favorite channels. And sometimes it says Oops something went wrong and I can't get it at all. Two diff browsers btw.

JamesK I just tried clicking on a channel not a long time ago maybe a month or less? So it must be pretty recent to get the channels listings. Or maybe I didn't click on the logo, you used to be able to click on the channel name or number. Anyway I'm glad they're back.

·
Super Moderator
19,887 Posts
I was having trouble loading the guide in Zap2it and found this info that might be helpful to others. I have been using incognito mode in Chrome which gets around the problem for now.

Issues as of 6/17/22, 1:10 PM ET:
Some users have reported problems with the listings loading in in some browsers. We are looking into this issue and will update the status of the issue here. In the interim, you may be able to get the site to work temporarily by clearing your browser cache and/or cookies, or using "incognito" or "private" mode. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To users having trouble seeing their local listings: Our system may require that you re-set your provider. If you enter in your zip/postal code, be sure to not click on any of the green time zone buttons.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I found the "Private" window works. I've tried 4 different browsers on Linux and Windows and they all have the same problem.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts