Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Shaw Direct Zap2It Missing Channels

Everyone in Canada has lost IFC and CosmoTV as of Sept 30, 2019. No other provider in Canada has IFC, which is as a result of a business decision by Corus Entertainment.

IFC was on the Shaw Direct lineup: Advanced #492, National #660 according to the SD website.

Shaw Direct Channel #242 is listed on the National Listing as PBS HD Spokane. This channel has been or will be no longer carried by Shaw Direct.

This composite photo is of my TV set showing the NATIONAL listing SD guide.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Per Zap2It

Missing at this hour (10AM, Oct 5, 2019) from the Zap2It guide for ALL CHANNELS:

231 ABC East
232 CBS East
234 NBC East
238 CBS West
239 Fox West
240 NBC West
241 PBS West

Note: 242 Spokane PBS no longer available on SD

The attached screen grabs from the Zap2It website for Shaw Direct East.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
JamesK we are talking about the new Shaw channel #s in Zap2It.
Yep, that's why I said it wouldn't be appropriate for me to ask them. As I'm not on the system the problem is on, I can't complain about a problem I don't have.

·
Registered
645 Posts
TV Passport email system now working

I am so happy that TVPassport.com has finally sent an email to me to confirm my existence and accredit me to their listings service. Everything works – All EAST & WEST US Networks.

It has been September 30 since I first registered. I was getting the feeling that the only way to get Shaw Direct National Listing was from the TV set after pressing guide on the Remote.

Happy Happy Happy! :grin:grin:grin

·
Registered
645 Posts
We were loyal users of Zap2It. I am sorry that Zap2It is having so much trouble with the Shaw Direct listings. Just my opinion, I suspect that Zap2It has lost staff and the remaining staff or new staff are having a hard time discovering by trial and error how things work.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
With the new Zap2it, how do you get a new starred channel to display on the Starred list? When in all channels, the channel shows as starred, but it does not display when the Starred list is displayed.
I resolved my problem by creating a new account.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Zap2It Now Working Properly

I gave up on Zap2It. My wife tried the Zapper this morning and Lo and Behold they have risen from the dead. All is now well in Zapland. I'm glad that they are back in the functioning world of TV listings.

Ironic that I just got on to TVPassport after some of their email accreditation problems and now Zap2It works.

·
Super Moderator
19,887 Posts
Zap2it is tweaking their TV Guide, but it's not working well at the moment. I noticed a 6 hour time column display across the top, but only the first 3 hours were filled in. I checked the "Grid Preferences" and you can now choose "# of Hours Displayed" 3 or 6.
Also new: Grid Start Time: Now|Primetime|Daytime

I like that options since I almost always look at primetime. I don't know if they added anything else.

However there is currently a bug where you can't page down. Happens to me on Chrome, Edge and IE.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Now|Primetime|Daytime has been there for a while. Odd the grid was blank for me until I toggled between 3 and 6 hours but 6 hours would populate after toggling once. Yes pgdn is broken but I also find that if I use the mouse wheel and stop that the page will slowly rewind.

·
Registered
421 Posts
They finally add "Only show Starred channels", that make the Starred tab load by default, it's great, I was getting tired of always have to switch tab everytime, and All Channel tab take too long to load, the Starred tab load way faster since I only have few channels that I watch.

But I do have the scrolling bug that when you try to scroll down, it slowly scroll back up on it own, unless I click on the scroll bar on the right, some it stop and I can open shows description.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
They finally add "Only show Starred channels", that make the Starred tab load by default, it's great, I was getting tired of always have to switch tab everytime, and All Channel tab take too long to load, the Starred tab load way faster since I only have few channels that I watch.
Those are certainly improvements, but what I'd like to see them bring back is opening a single channel, so that it displays 2 weeks in a list. I often used that for some channels. With the old guide, I'd go through the grid and open some channels in new tabs, where I could scan through the week. It would also be nice if we could arrange the channels in our own order, as we had before.

·
Registered
421 Posts
^^
I loved that option too, also wish it would be back, specially when there's major schedule change, like the seasonal change. I even notice that more and more channel's website don't use the weekly grid anymore, most only show the daily lineup.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Thats weird I don't see 6 hrs/3hrs option, just grid start time and channel filters. Glad they put a Starred Channels Only option b'cuz every time we went away from the grid when we came back it was All Channels again.

·
Super Moderator
19,887 Posts
After I posted on this thread, the actual choices in the Grid Preferences changed 2 or 3 times yesterday. It's as if a developer was doing was doing initial testing on a live system by mistake.

Right now I have:
# of Hours Displayed
* 3- hours
* 6- hours
* Grid Start Time

Surprisingly, you can check both 3 and 6 hour options. The grid always displays 3 hours. I don't know what Grid Start Time is supposed to do, but I tried checking it and a whole bunch of channels disappeared. I tried switching providers between MTS and Shaw Cable and the same was true in both cases. When I unchecked that option, it looks like all the channels were displayed for each provider. I decided to check 3-hours and leave everything else alone and it seems to work.

EDIT: The preferences that I posted yesterday are back and seem to be working now. Crossing my fingers. :)

141 - 160 of 184 Posts