Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Kobo since the day it was available and although it has some issues, I'm certainly using it a lot. Today it slipped from my hand and hit the floor and the case actually cracked, although it didn't seem a hard hit. It also seemed to separate the top (white) from the bottom (grey) along one side, but that snapped right back in when I pushed the white part back down. BUT it suddenly went to about half contrast -- that is, it's working great except that the letters are suddenly so light that I can hardly read them!! Anyone got any ideas? or do I have to buy a new one?? or should I buy something else?? I'm a bit shocked that it is as breakable as this, since it only fell about three feet onto a wooden deck, not ten feet onto concrete. I should also mention that the blue button is already 'sinking' on the right side and looks like it won't last out the year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own a Kobo as well and it does come with a 1 year limited warranty.
Perhaps you could explore your options with the kobo support.

good luck.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Yeah, I agree. It comes with a one year warranty. Take it back to Chapters with your dated receipt and they probably will just swap out the unit for you.

You've backed up all your e-books, though, right?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
FYI, you don't have to back up your purchases. You can download them again.

Back to OP, best to contact Kobo and see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that I wouldn't get any warranty coverage since I dropped the thing and it was noticeably cracked. I figured I had to buy a new one, and then checked out Sony -- which I bought. No comparison! So much better!! Pretty much instant on, instant paging, better feel, better little round page-turner thing. So much better all round -- and the same price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts