Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
The VR lens is a Nikon lens; your t2i link shows that both Canon lenses are image stabilized (IS), so you are good to go at that price point.

In the entry level market, the ergonomics of the camera body is important: how it feels in hand, button locations on the body and intuitive menuing systems. If you are not surprising your spouse, it might be an idea for her to actually handle the camera before your final choice. If your spouse has never used an SLR (from the film era), I strongly suggest to have her read: 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson; the 3rd edition has just been printed, and is likely available from your local library. I just finished reading the French version, and it has new chapters on HDR, flash and filter uses. Its a quick read, so not worth buying IMHO. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Remember that FutureShop will beat any locally advertised price by 10% of the difference so be sure to check what Blacks, Henry's & Vistek have on sale.
I have been considering the Lumix DMC-FZ100, which ********** is selling for far less than anyone else in Canada that I can find. The ********** price is a regular price, not a sale price. They are currently $120 less than Futureshop.

I wonder if Futureshop or Henry's will price match this. Their policy says they will, but ********** is so much cheaper I have to wonder.....

21 - 23 of 23 Posts