Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. im hoping someone can help me with my problem. i have been having problems with my dvr since i first got it. it was manageable. but lately it has been very erratic. i hardly use it anymore. anyways i decided that i better record all the movies i have on the harddrive onto dvds but when i went to turn it o n it wouldnt.tried unplugging it . nothing. i can hear the harddrive humming. but nothing lights up on the display. not even the lights scrolling on the right. called starchoice they will send me a new one but i need to get the movies off the harddrive. is there anyway to do this? any tricks to get reciever to work? hope someone can help me.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The fact that it has been "erratic" for some time suggests that something was failing. The fact that Shaw is sending you a new one suggest its toast.

You cannot take the movies off the hard drive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
When you called Shaw Direct to arrange for the replacement 530, did they do a factory reset? It sounds like the 530 is toast, but maybe with a factory reset you can at least access your playlist so that you can watch the movies you have recorded. You can do the factory reset with the option of keeping what's on the recorder. You can do the reset yourself, but you need Shaw Direct to send through a signal. Just a desperate idea.

The Hans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts