Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sat night my TV started smelling burnt and smoke came out on the back panel grill. We can also hear the cracking sound or alike but more noticeable were the smoke and smell. I shut it off and unplugged now.
I know this TV has a 2 year warranty by LG but now it is over. We bought the Tv in boxing day of 2007. But there is another year extra covered by our cc. The problem now is I can't find my warranty info form and has only the receipt. Usually there is a card that comes with the manual about the warranty info. My newer LG has one but only says 1 year warranty. LCDs built before 2008 for LG has 2 years. So I would like to ask if anyone has this TV or the same series and you have the warranty info card, if you can kindly send me a copy of just the card. Kindly email or send me a PM if you have. I just need it to get the repair covered by insurance.
Thank you very much and your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You should be able to call the store you bought it from. That happened to me & I just called the store & they have a record of the extra warranty.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would like to ask if anyone has this TV or the same series and you have the warranty info card, if you can kindly send me a copy of just the card.
You don't need the warranty "card"!! The warranty details are in your USER MANUAL. Call LG directly. I have found them to be very helpful.

(I have the 26LC7D)

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Yes, but the claim in this case will be with the CC company, not LG, so he needs to prove to the CC company that the original warranty was 2 years, not one. If that info is in the OM, he should be able to copy it, if he has it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.
I have the manual but it seems I could not find that info re: warranty, I might be blind or it is not really there.
I called LG support and was told that they don't have a copy of warranty card or info. The only info they have is the website where it says, LCDs built prior 2008 has 2 years warranty. The lady who answered told me, they don't have warranty info card because they were sent to LG. ??? hhmmm I thought I called LG?

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Well, if you can copy the website page where it says 2 year warranty (or copy the URL) and if the manufacture date on the back of the TV is before 2008, then that should be enough for the CC company? You need to confirm with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts