Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Update on Black Lightning:

So after unsuccessfully looking for the show in Canadian channels and streaming services, I went to iTunes to buy season 3. Typically episodes are available on iTunes a week after first airing. Surprise, surprise, season 3 was not available.

It seems like someone holds the rights for Black Lightning season 3 in Canada but for whatever reason that one does not want the show to show - other than getting cable package that contains WPIX or KTLA.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I know that I am way too late, but which Canadian channel has Treadstone? Original broadcaster is USA Network.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Another one. Reprisal. The season 1 was released on December 6 on Hulu. In Canada, I searched on Netflix, Prime and Crave to no avail.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
It doesn't look like Reprisal is currently available in Canada and I don't recall seeing any announcements about the program. I usually check https://www.justwatch.com/ca as a first step, since it currently monitors 36 streaming services available in Canada. However, it doesn't tell you if a program will be available in the future.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
BBC has only said Baptiste will air sometime in 2019 so it's a little early for international announcements. Super Channel carried The Missing, so keep an eye on them for any news. Both series have the same international distributor, ALL3MEDIA International.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/29-whats-television/215898-missing-canada.html
Hi turns out Baptiste will be on Masterpiece in the US so you folks in Canada can see it there too. They just said "2020" no date yet.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
@Bayguy thanks for the reminder. I found this recent article in Deadline. Baptiste Season 1 will air on PBS Masterpiece in the U.S. on April 12. Season 2 will be filmed in February and is expected to to the last, although a final decision is yet to be made.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thank you for that info Dr. Dave, I wonder why the Masterpiece ppl didn't mention April. That's good news about another season.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Hello, does anybody know whether the mini-series War of the Worlds (original broadcaster Epix) will ever be on Canadian TV?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know where to find Last Man Standing? I tried to go to the Fox website, but they want US creds to view anything, and I can't find anywhere in Canada that will show it.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
I don't think there is a Canadian source for Season 8 of Last Man Standing. I believe CHCH dropped it the same time ABC did. Netflix Canada no longer carries it. CHEK TV in Victoria is showing Season 7, so they might show Season 8 next year.

Fox is currently showing reruns from Jan/Feb so you may be able to record those and piece together the full season.

You can buy episodes or the full season on iTunes or Google Play.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
US nets are going to start rerunning everything pretty soon. Bluefan keep watching Fox and I bet you can see them all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Good Fight, has it moved from W channel in Canada?
If so, does anyone know if anyone other than CBS Access is showing it.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
@bluedrongo This was posted in the Corus thread. I don't believe it's available on CBS All Access Canada.
I contacted W Network and this was their response:
W Network has postponed The Good Fight Season 4 premiere which was originally scheduled for April 9, to a later date this year. Current events have led to programming shifts and adjustments to our schedule and we aim to broadcast the new episodes consecutively once a new date is confirmed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
@Dr.Dave, thanks for the information.
It's good to know, too bad they couldn't put bit of info onto their website. I did wonder if W had lost the rights from season 4 on.
However, I have to admit I would rather see the entire season uninterrupted by a long break half way through.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Worst case scenario, The Good Fight will be available on Amazon Prime after the season on CBSAA is over.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts