Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
361 - 366 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know where the Australian made 'The Newsreader' with Anna Torv will be shown in Canada?
It's a 6 part series set in 1986, in the newsroom of a Melbourne TV station.
@bluedrongo I discovered yesterday that The Newsreader series has been acquired by Telus in Canada for their Optik TV exclusive series program. Unfortunately this service is only available in BC and Alberta. This does not bode well for anyone else in Canada ever seeing this series. Technically they cannot hold excusive rights because their audience is not national, but to date no ne ese has picked up any of their other exclusive series. I have been tracking a previous series, I Hate Suzie, for the past 2 years and to date no one else has it in Canada. It is a Sky series in the UK and on HBO Max in US. Season 2 should be released in the next few months, so I am still hoping that Corus may get this series (Sky contract) and show both seasons.

·
Registered
402 Posts
@bluedrongo I discovered yesterday that The Newsreader series has been acquired by Telus in Canada for their Optik TV exclusive series program. Unfortunately this service is only available in BC and Alberta. This does not bode well for anyone else in Canada ever seeing this series. Technically they cannot hold excusive rights because their audience is not national, but to date no ne ese has picked up any of their other exclusive series. I have been tracking a previous series, I Hate Suzie, for the past 2 years and to date no one else has it in Canada. It is a Sky series in the UK and on HBO Max in US. Season 2 should be released in the next few months, so I am still hoping that Corus may get this series (Sky contract) and show both seasons.
Thanks for the information, even it it's not what I wanted to hear.
I'll keep an eye out for I Hate Suzie too, it looks like something I would like.

361 - 366 of 366 Posts