Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
341 - 360 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Even though Amazon owns IMDB TV, it has a mixed record of streaming those series outside the U.S. For example, it did pick up the rights to stream Alex Rider on Amazon in a handful of countries including Canada, however, it didn't licence Leverage: Redemption which aired on CTV Drama, or Judy Justice which isn't available in Canada at all.

Crave also has all 7 seasons of Bosch, so Bell Media may also have rights to the spinoff under their original contract. So it could end up on any combination of Amazon Prime, Crave, a Bell Media linear channel, a free ad-supported digital series on CTV.ca, or none of the above.
Thank you for that information Dr. Dave.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Just found this on Tampa Bay Times that Bosch: Legacy finds Harry retired, but still working as a private detective. It will air on IMDb TV, a free, ad-supported streaming service, and on Amazon Prime starting May 6.
That's the only place that said that, so I think it's an error, considering the article was written by the paper's Books Critic and not a national news source. But I'm not saying it's impossible.
Bell Media licensed Bosch from Red Arrow International...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yes it is May 6 here is the trailer:

Like Dr. Dave said the new Bosch is NOT on Amazon Prime its on IMDBTV but I know that's confusing b'cuz if you go in the Amazon Prime app and then go to Channels you can see IMDBTV but also a bunch of channels that Amazon doesn't own like AMC and Starz and Britbox. So you can get to it from Prime but it isnt' Prime. IMDB is free but they have some ads. They say not as many as regular Tv so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this altho it looks like there's going to be a lot about Maddie and I like it mostly about Bosch. Also most of the other cast is gone.

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
IMDBTV, AMC, Starz and Britbox are channels that can be subscribed to through Prime. Even though the channels and their programs are shown, a subscription is required. It's basically advertising. It's also easy to accidentally subscribe to the extra channels.

Be aware that programming is often on different services in Canada, We don't get some services such as IMDb TV, Peacock or Hulu so their programming could show up on other services such as Prime TV itself, other streaming services or even linear TV channels. Even streaming services we do get are often missing programs that are available in the US as they have been licensed to Canadian broadcasters.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
I know that's confusing b'cuz if you go in the Amazon Prime app and then go to Channels you can see IMDBTV but also a bunch of channels that Amazon doesn't own like AMC and Starz and Britbox.
IMDB is free in the U.S., but not available in Canada, so it won't show up if you access Prime from Canada.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thank you Dr. Dave for that information. I am sure Bosch: Legacy will stream on a streaming service or conventional channel here in Canada at some point. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
IMDBTV, AMC, Starz and Britbox are channels that can be subscribed to through Prime. Even though the channels and their programs are shown, a subscription is required. It's basically advertising. It's also easy to accidentally subscribe to the extra channels.
Yes I know they are extra cost (except IMDBTV) I was just trying to explain that even though IMDB is IN Amazon Prime it isn't the SAME as Amazon Prime. Some ppl were saying that Bosch would be ON Amazon Prime but it won't. Well at least not in the States. I didn't know that IMDBTV isn't in Canada so maybe Bosch will end up on Prime in Canada after all! But like Dr. Dave said also maybe not...Well I sure hope that you Canucks can see it somehow! Like I said it looks like it might spend a lot of time on Maddie but at least Bosch himself is back too so we'll be happy. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Yes I saw your post but this is being produced for Amazon Studios so it would be very unlikely they would not show it on Prime Canada if IMDb is not available to Canadians.
It would make no sense.
This Amazon press release says "IMDb TV and Amazon Studios Greenlights Judge Judy Sheindlin..." It also mentions "Previously, IMDb TV and Amazon Studios announced the Nov. 13 premiere of the spy-thriller Alex Rider, an Original series..."

I just found this Deadline article about the Leverage reboot, which says "It marks the first major original series for IMDb TV, whose content team recently moved under the Amazon Studios umbrella."

·
Registered
402 Posts
This Amazon press release says "IMDb TV and Amazon Studios Greenlights Judge Judy Sheindlin..." It also mentions "Previously, IMDb TV and Amazon Studios announced the Nov. 13 premiere of the spy-thriller Alex Rider, an Original series..."

I just found this Deadline article about the Leverage reboot, which says "It marks the first major original series for IMDb TV, whose content team recently moved under the Amazon Studios umbrella."
Well I just spent some frustrating minutes with Amazon Prime Video help.
All chats ended up in US.
Twice I was given links supposedly for Canada but they both ended up back in the US. Seems there is no Canada prime video help.
So, guess we will find out in May whether or not it will be shown on APC.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
We should know before the end of April if Bosch Legacy will be available in Canada on May 6. Amazon send a list of new releases for the upcoming month to places like MobileSyrup; Crave issues a press release; and Zap2it will have 14 days of searchable listings for linear TV.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not really a foreign show but I’ve been watching The Last Ship complete series that I purchased on Blu-Ray quite a while ago and a few co-workers apparently looked up the trailer and now also want to watch it. I usually don’t lend out movies or shows I buy on disc so I’m wondering if anyone knows if it’s available on any streaming services?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
According to Justwatch.com The Last Ship is also available on Hoopla (seasons 2-5 only), available through participating local libraries. Google Play has it available for purchase.

341 - 360 of 366 Posts