Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
261 - 280 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
The distinction is not that clear. Apple TV+ appears to sell shows as well as stream. I see some stuff on Apple TV+ that must be purchased to watch. Shows that are for sale usually show up on streaming services at a later date. If Apple TV+ has licensed a show for streaming then it could easily end up on another service or a regular channel after that agreement expires.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The distinction is not that clear. Apple TV+ appears to sell shows as well as stream. I see some stuff on Apple TV+ that must be purchased to watch. Shows that are for sale usually show up on streaming services at a later date. If Apple TV+ has licensed a show for streaming then it could easily end up on another service or a regular channel after that agreement expires.
No. The Apple TV app allows you to purchase shows (through iTunes). You can also watch shows o other services through the Apple TV app (It passes off to Crave, Prime, whatever). Apple TV+ is the Apple streaming component.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I read that Showtime has acquired Wakefield with an Oct 18 release date. Crave carries all of the Showtime series , which in the past has included the international acquisitions e.g. The End and Back to Life So unless another service has picked it up for Canada, there's a good chance, it will be on Crave.
Thanks for that information. I won't be handing over $$ to subscribe to Crave. Hate the way they gobble everything up.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No. The Apple TV app allows you to purchase shows (through iTunes). You can also watch shows o other services through the Apple TV app (It passes off to Crave, Prime, whatever). Apple TV+ is the Apple streaming component.
Well I still hope some CDN TV channel will be able to show it sometime. Its such a good story about Canada it should be available wider than just one streaming service!

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
Apple's press release calls Come From Away an "Apple Original Film" that will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 10. eOne (formerly Entertainment One) provided the initial financing and produced the live capture performance, so it's possible it may also be distributed on linear TV. It's not clear from the articles I've read whether Apple purchased all rights or just worldwide streaming rights.

Wakefield aired on the Australian Broadcasting Corp and is distributed internationally by BBC. CBC has agreements with both and streams a lot of programming from Australia on CBC Gem. It's probably to good idea to check at the end of the month when everyone releases their schedules.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
There is also You Are Here: A Come From Away Story which is the same story done as a movie.
Hi Exdilbert that is actually a story about the musical how it was made and it going to Broadway and the real ppl coming to see it. That program has a few pieces of the musical. We saw it a couple of years ago. The new movie is the whole musical.

BTW the one you mentioned is going to be on HBO and CTV a lot next week.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Apple's press release calls Come From Away an "Apple Original Film" that will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 10. eOne (formerly Entertainment One) provided the initial financing and produced the live capture performance, so it's possible it may also be distributed on linear TV. It's not clear from the articles I've read whether Apple purchased all rights or just worldwide streaming rights.
Thank you Dr. Dave maybe it will show up on TV. Anyway we need to subcribe to Apple TV+ sometime to see Ted Lassoo and some other things so we can always see it then if not before.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wakefield aired on the Australian Broadcasting Corp and is distributed internationally by BBC. CBC has agreements with both and streams a lot of programming from Australia on CBC Gem. It's probably to good idea to check at the end of the month when everyone releases their schedules.
[/QUOTE]

@dr dave,
Good idea, I've found some good Australian series on Gem since I've been subscribed. Usually find what's new on one of the forums here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This show Kin starring Charlie Cox who starred as Matt Murdock on Daredevil on Netflix is supposed to stream on the AMC + channel. Will that show stream here in Canada on AMC+ or some other streaming service or Canadian standard/conventional channel? I saw the trailer on the AMC + Youtube channel. It looked good.

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
Kin Premieres Thursday, September 9 on AMC+. Everything indicates it will be on AMC+ in Canada as well. More info in the AMC thread. You should be able to check if it's available on September 9 on the Amazon Prime Video Channels site before subscribing. You may also be able to check through Apple TV if you have one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kin Premieres Thursday, September 9 on AMC+. Everything indicates it will be on AMC+ in Canada as well. More info in the AMC thread. You should be able to check if it's available on September 9 on the Amazon Prime Video Channels site before subscribing. You may also be able to check through Apple TV if you have one.
Thank you so much Dr. Dave. This information is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
I want to post it here, just in case there is an update that we can share.

The season 2 of Evil is streaming on Paramount+ in the United States. However, Paramount+ Canada, or anybody else in Canada, does not carry it. Season 1 was on Global.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The first episode of Kin was finally added to AMC+ channel on Amazon Prime yesterday. I watched it this morning. It looks like it is going to be pretty violent, but has a great Irish cast.

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
I read that Showtime has acquired Wakefield with an Oct 18 release date. Crave carries all of the Showtime series , which in the past has included the international acquisitions e.g. The End and Back to Life So unless another service has picked it up for Canada, there's a good chance, it will be on Crave.
You nailed it. Crave released their October overview today, which included "SHOWTIME’S WAKEFIELD" premiering Monday, Oct. 18 at 9 p.m. ET. Showtime's press release even says that BBC Studios is distributing internationally, so Showtime must have picked up the U.S. and Canadian rights and sub-licensed to Bell Media.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Does anyone know where the Australian made 'The Newsreader' with Anna Torv will be shown in Canada?
It's a 6 part series set in 1986, in the newsroom of a Melbourne TV station.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know where the Australian made 'The Newsreader' with Anna Torv will be shown in Canada?
It's a 6 part series set in 1986, in the newsroom of a Melbourne TV station.
I had not heard of this series, but after reading about it I am all in on watching it. Getting rave reviews in Australia. It was picked up for worldwide distribution by EOne, which was originally a Canadian company and still has a large presence in Canadian television so I think there is a good chance it will be available somewhere in Canada. I used to work at EOne, but I am not sure if anyone I know there is still around to check with. I will definitely post if I hear anything.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had not heard of this series, but after reading about it I am all in on watching it. Getting rave reviews in Australia. It was picked up for worldwide distribution by EOne, which was originally a Canadian company and still has a large presence in Canadian television so I think there is a good chance it will be available somewhere in Canada. I used to work at EOne, but I am not sure if anyone I know there is still around to check with. I will definitely post if I hear anything.
Thanks, would be great if you find out something. I do hope that Crave doesn't get it.
Or Apple.
I think the last episode aired a week or so ago in Australia, so hopefully it will be available here soon.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Anyone know where Australian Series The Heights can be viewed in Canada?
There are 2 seasons that I know of.
It was made by ABC Australia.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Will Mayor of Kingstown stream on Paramount + here in Canada or will another conventional/standard Canadian channel or streaming service pick up the rights to air Taylor Sheridan's Mayor of Kingstown here in Canada? I was wondering did anyone have any answers to this question. I saw the trailer earlier this week.
Hi bumping this up b'cuz I just saw on IMDb that Hugh Dillon co-created this show also he's in it (I think as a police chief) so will it air in Canada? It starts in the US on Nov. 14.

261 - 280 of 315 Posts