Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
@PeppermintP,

Thanks so much for that information. I did go to Gem yesterday and did a search but it must not have been put into the database as yet.
A friend of mine in Finland binged through Belgravia a few days ago and loved it.
I subscribe to the premium Gem so it will be great to watch commercial free.
I also want to see A Very English Scandal but so far can only see it available for streaming on OutTv with Amazon Prime which I don't have.
I've been thinking of buying the dvd.

·
Super Moderator
17,524 Posts
Belgravia was announced as part of CBC's winter schedule, which I posted a couple of weeks ago. I don't think Gem adds new shows until they're actually available for streaming, which is why you didn't see it there. I noticed when I was looking through the premieres on the weekend that CBC will show it on their French broadcast channels starting Saturday. (Zap2it)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Belgravia was announced as part of CBC's winter schedule, which I posted a couple of weeks ago. I don't think Gem adds new shows until they're actually available for streaming, which is why you didn't see it there. (Zap2it)
Does that mean that Gem will have all episodes ready for streaming or will it be one episode per week?

·
Super Moderator
17,524 Posts
The press release doesn't say, but I think when a series is broadcast on CBC, the episodes are released on Gem on the same schedule. Series that Gem acquires separately are often released a season or 2 at a time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait and see.
If they're released one episode each week I will just wait until they're all there and then watch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did any Canadian conventional channel or streaming service pick up The CW's Superman and Lois?

·
Super Moderator
17,524 Posts
Does that mean that Gem will have all episodes ready for streaming or will it be one episode per week?
BELGRAVIA Season 1 (6x60) "Begins streaming Sunday, February 14; also broadcasting on CBC TV beginning February 14"
Sounds like all episodes will be available Feb. 14.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
With regards to CBC Gem. If Belgravia is like Les Miserables then if you have the free version you get a new episode each week. If you are a paid subscriber to Gem then you got access to all the episodes of Les Miserables to binge.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I subscribe to the premium Gem, it's well worth it to not to have to suffer commercials.
Will be great if the entire series will be available to binge.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts