Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, The Twilight Zone are all shows that are exclusive on CBSAA in the United States, but are not available on CBSAA in Canada as their rights are held by Canadian broadcasters; respectively Bell, Bell, Corus, Rogers.
Season 1 of The Twilight Zone is now on CBSAA.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Gomorrah

I was in the middle of watching season 2 when they yanked off netflix

I can't find season 2 anywhere else (google play, iTunes, youtube)

can anyone help me find it, or can they let me know when it's coming back?

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
@Classy1 I merged your thread here.

I checked the Netflix Canada list for May 2020 and it wasn't scheduled to leave. The only thing I can think of is that the U.S. distribution rights (and possibly Canada) are part of Weinstein's ongoing legal troubles, which might explain why the series disappeared everywhere. I found this message on Amazon. "This title is currently unavailable. Our agreements with the content provider don’t allow purchases of this title at this time."

·
Registered
6 Posts
@bluedrongo I'm not aware of any (legal) way to catch up on the first 2 episodes. Netflix has season 1 in the U.S., so they may get season 2 after it finishes airing on The CW. They may even get season 2 in Canada, if you're lucky.
CTV Drama (formerly Bravo) often air series months after they are aired in the US. I suspect season 2 will show up eventually. However there is something strange going on with this channel . Sine the beginning of 2020, they havef aired only one new season of a drama series, Killing Eve. It seems that CTV is investing far less money than in the past I was expecting this channel to pick up Little Fires Everywhere , but instead it will be airing on Amazon . Spring and summer have been their best seasons in the past, but it looks like slim pickings for the summer with most of their seasons shut down for covid. e.g. Handmaid's Tale, Queen of the South, Animal Kingdom.I'n not sure about Queen Sugar. Both Suits and Claws have been cancelled, so based on the shortage of new seasons I am betting that season 2 of In the Dark will eventually show up.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I just want to put this here for us to share if new information comes.

DC's Stargirl premieres tonight (19/05) on The CW after streaming on DC Universe on Monday. Currently no Canadian broadcast or streaming service picks the series up. Of course, the show being on The CW one can subscribe to WPIX / KTLA or use VPN to watch it on The CW site (restricted to the United States).

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Hello, does anybody know whether the mini-series War of the Worlds (original broadcaster Epix) will ever be on Canadian TV?
WAR OF THE WORLDS (8x60 Drama, UK/France, Urban Myth Films in association with StudioCanal and Fox Networks Group). CBC will offer the exclusive Canadian premiere of this new series this fall, as announced in their upfront press release.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Gomorrah

I was in the middle of watching season 2 when they yanked off netflix

I can't find season 2 anywhere else (google play, iTunes, youtube)

can anyone help me find it, or can they let me know when it's coming back?
HBO Max has acquired a raft of international titles for subscribers in the U.S. including all five seasons of Gomorrah. (Deadline) That probably means it's gone from Netflix for good. It won't automatically be on HBO Max in Canada since it's not an HBO Max original, but it sounds like the rights are now available and it could resurface elsewhere. Also, Netflix only had the first two seasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t know if I can post this but tonight on discovery USA there is a new show call Mystery of the deep. Any idea when we will see this in Canada?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi there is a Showtime movie called "Three Christs" it has a really good cast, does any body know if it will be on in Canada? I tried Zap2it but it says no airings. Its on Showtime Aug. 18.

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts
Three Christs looks like another movie without an international distribution deal. It was shown at TIFF in 2017, but it took until January 2020 to get released in U.S. theaters, where it only grossed $37,000. Despite the impressive cast, Rotten Tomatoes critics give it 43%.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Okay thank you Dr. Dave. Ouch that is a bad rating from RT! Too bad. Guess I won't be sorry if I can't see it!

181 - 193 of 193 Posts