Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching one of my recorded contents one day and all of a sudden, it froze so I rebooted the box. I then preceded to finish but now, whenever I go to delete it, an error pops up telling me that it is being played on another box and cannot be deleted.

·
Super Moderator
16,872 Posts
The PVR may take a while to sort things out after the reboot. You can try deleting it again and check all your other STBs to be sure they are not playing the recording.

If you have confirmed that no other STB is playing the recording, you will have to call Telus to fix it. Don't let them do a "Disaster Recovery" as that will reformat your hard drive and you will lose all your recordings (unless you're OK with that).

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
If you have more than one then I'd reboot all STB's

·
Registered
315 Posts
I recently switched to Optik TV and we have had some glitches. Telus has been good about cleaning up the lines, replacing the modem, whatever it takes to get us running smoothly. I noticed that after rebooting the modem, I sometimes need to reboot the set top box(es) as well to restore full recording functionality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally fixed it. Even though it wasn't playing I could not delete it. What I had to do was to unplug the power from the STB that last ran the show and delete it from my PVR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts