Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian telecom giant Bell Canada, a subsidiary of Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE), is looking for suitable vendors as part of outsourcing key voice-based projects for its internet, Solo Mobility , Bell Mobility and satellite TV divisions to India , said a report.

Bell Canada plans to outsource these projects via fixed payouts as part of a deal worth approximately $25 million to $30 million a year, said a news report attributing the news to market sources.

The projects being sent to India will be largely inbound and Bell Canada is looking at outsourcing the work to a outsourcing partner with strong competencies in carrying out front-end work for international clients, it said.
Can you say "rupee"?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I thought Bell or BCE had announced some time ago, that these Offshore Call Centres were being phased out.? Did I miss something, again.....

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
said a news report attributing the news to market sources.
What does that mean. This really doesn`t sound credible. I`m not saying that it isn`t going to happen, just that its a head scratcher considering Bell recent announcements that Pinza alluded to.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That's a sure way to win customers :)

I can't think of any company I've dealt with that has more horrible customer service than Bell, so maybe this won't make it any worse. I mean, it can only get so bad before it has to get better, right?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Source?

I saw this article in a economic times online paper from India, so it may be a one-sided article.
Donnybrook, where did you see this?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes dirtroad, I got the info from a blog that referenced the Economic Times article.

What these MBA brainiacs running these companies servicing North America and Europe fail to recognize is that each time they outsource to Asia is that they are actually reducing demand in their market area. The effect is accumulative and is partially responsible for gutting middle class income - and the ability of their target markets to pay for their services.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If this is indeed true, I am genuinely distressed to hear this. I have a hearing disability, and require someone to speak clearly while talking to them on the phone. While with Bell years ago, I had difficulty communicating with these agents from India. Although I understood they are only trying to do the best they can, I still have difficulty with the accents, and no matter how much I tried them to speak slowly, I still had to ask them over and over to repeat. I left Bell (for cable) for several years, and was delighted when I returned (in January) to find that the agents were now from Canada, and that I had no problems understanding them at all.

If outsourcing of the CSRs is done, this would be a step backwards for Bell's hearing impaired viewers.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I agree. I have a great deal of difficulty understanding some overseas CSRs and I suspect that some do not understand me. I also find that their level of knowledge and competency are lower, probably because they have never subscribed to Canadian services from Bell and are working solely from scripts. My last Call to Bell resulted in it being handled by a CSR whose first language is English. The call handled in a much more effective manner than previous calls handled by overseas CSRs.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Outsource

I thought Bell already outsourced........... to us here at DIGITAL FORUM!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Nice one dirtroad......lol

If you want to try to avoid calling India, just press #2, for French, this should get you through to a Montreal Call Centre, 99% of the CSR's are Bilingual and speak very good English. Or you could try #3, for Mandarin, which gets you to Toronto, again most are Bilingual.

I always press #2, even if they do not speak English very well, they will find someone in their office that does......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts