Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 42" Panasonic Viera TV Mod TH-42PZ77U and I now need to connect headphones to it to be able to listen to programs. The Panasonic Quick Start Guide I have makes no specific mention of headphone connections.

My headphones cable has a single 1/4 inch plug but I can’t find a jack or socket for it on the back of the TV. The only two spots marked for Audio Out are “Digital Audio Out” and “To Audio Amp Prog Out R & L”. Everything else is marked for Input. My questions are:

1- Can I use a RCA adapter and connect my headphones to Audio Amp Prog Out R & L on the back of the TV

2- Do I also have the choice to use the same adapter but connect my headphones to Audio Out R & L on the back of my 4250HD Cable Box

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
If your TV doesn't have headphone or external speaker jacks, you'll need to use a small amplifier plugged into the audio amp output.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You can technically connect your headphones to the L/R RCA connetion with a Y adapter, but then controlling the headphone volume level will be problematic.

A couple of options are to use either a headphone amp, or you can buy a cheap/used AVR which has a headphone out.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
^^^^
Plugging directly into the RCA connectors might not result in suitable audio level. Those connections are designed for much higher impedances than commonly used headphones.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
you can get amplified / cordless headphones that accept a line-level input, you can hook these up directly to the RCA analogue lineout plugs on the back of any rogers box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts