Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there

My new computer has the Audigy2 platinum pro soundcard with the external hub. I will be moving in late August so I'll have an office where I can set up with a decent set of surround speakers.
Right now, my computer is in the kitchen, so I just have a pair of Yamaha speakers on it :)

So, in the meantime I still want to experience a surround experience with games like Farcry (haven't bought it yet), and I'm considering getting a good pair of headphones. Can anyone recommend a decent pair? How much money do I need to spend to get good performance? I'm not overly keen on spending an arm & a leg for this.

I do have a set of 'phones, Optimal's from Radio Shack...think I spent about $30 for them but sound is a bit muddled.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Can you get a 'surround experience' with headphones these days? I have a pretty decent set of Denon headphones but they're about 12yrs old.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
I guess the definition of "decent" varies quite a bit. :wink:

I have a set of Grado SR-125s. I think they're about $200. Good sound, good comfort, good adjustments.

If I listened to headphones a lot, I'd go for something even better, but I only use them occasionally if I watch something late, but I usually turn the TV off when TW goes to bed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.