Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

HDTV'S Sold at The Real Canadian Superstore

44K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  jacjames 
#1 ·
I have been collecting PC points for a number of years and now have enough points for a TV. My question is has anybody every purchased a TV from The Real Canadian Superstore? What brands do they sell? What screen sizes do they carry? Do they carry 3D TV's?

If you have purchased a HDTV from the Real Canadian Superstore which brand did you purchase and how has it been working for you?

Any help would be appreciated.

#27 ·
Yesterday I purchased The LG 50" Plasma Smart TV PB6600 using my pc points it was $598.00. I have set it up but I haven't checked out all the features yet. I have it installed to a Bell 4100 standard receiver. I am going to get a Bell HD receiver soon.

One thing I have noticed is that when the TV is turned off a red light stays on. It only goes off when you unplug the TV. I was looking for a way that the light would turn off without unplugging the TV.

#31 ·
Black Friday sale yesterday in Halifax. I bought a Toshiba 58in L5400 led smart tv. I wasn't necessarily looking for a smart tv but I couldn't pass on the price. Regular goes for $950, it was marked down to $750 and no tax. I used some PC points and got an additional $200 off. Walked out of the Store with the tv for a total of $601. This includes the disposal fee ($40 or $50) we have in Nova Scotia.

#32 ·
My 50PB6600 LG TV is working great. I purchased a new magic universal remote from LG. The stock remote was horrible for surfing the net. Still haven't tried all the features on the magic remote yet. The voice recognition feature on the remote only seem to work when you are connected to the internet. The remote is quite pricey $54.75 plus taxes and shipping. So far the remote will only surf the net with my voice commands. It doesn't recognize command like change channel to a certain channel by giving a channel number.

#34 ·
A few weeks ago we purchased a 40" Sharp TV from our local No Frills store for $198. It works just fine. Remember you cannot return to the store as they do not provide warranty service. You have to deal with Sharp directly which maybe problematic...….shipping, dealers, etc...hence the lower prices. However very little seems to go wrong with newer sets nowadays. ( Usually "famous last words")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.