Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

As we know HDR is an important feature of modern day TV. There are still three versions of HRD prevalent in the market.
As new TV buyer today, which HDR version I should go far. Looks like HDR Dolby Vision is becoming more adopted one but then in this case Samsung TV becomes out of question. Do all streaming services offer all versions of HDR in their content.

I will appreciate your expert advice.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Try to go for a TV that has all the features you would like, at an acceptable price.

If you want high end...I suggest LG OLED...those TV's have both 4K formats: Dolby Vision and UHD at a decent price point.

As far as HDR goes, the 2020 LG OLED's feature: Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG), HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro and Dolby Vision™ IQ .

Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to go for a TV that has all the features you would like, at an acceptable price.

If you want high end...I suggest LG OLED...those TV's have both 4K formats: Dolby Vision and UHD at a decent price point.

As far as HDR goes, the 2020 LG OLED's feature: Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG), HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro and Dolby Vision™ IQ .

Good luck.
Thanks for your advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts