Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 3d is working fine mine is side by side too. You have to change your tv 3 d settings to side by side
Well aware of what I need to do to get 3D. I have several hundred hours of 3D in side by side format on my Directv DVR.

Also, the previous broadcasts on 233 worked exactly as expected.

This one did not - in fact, not enough HDMI header info was being passed that I could not even manually force the TVs 3D circuits to activate.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is it possible they artificially inflated the signal strenghst to fool the 630 into thinking it's getting a much better signal in order to avoid the tuner locks that were so sensitive to signal strength?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks SD team!

I think that a thanks and kudo's are in order to the SD team for this timely firmware release. While it does not apparently fix everything, it does appear to make the experience faster and more reliably which means more to me then fixing the 'cosmetic' things.

I do have one quibble, the indicator of the space available does not estimate the remaining time available. This is a one step forward and ten steps backward as far as I am concerned. My use case is that I am going to be going away for some petiod of time and need to ensure that there is enough space. The way it is now, I have no way to guestimate if there enough space is available. While it was not good UI design before ... it's just bad functional design now :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes....I completely agree with you....as you don't have anyway to know how many hours of SD or HD space you have left. This needs to be addressed a.s.a.p., preferrably before the holiday season hits. As I had stated in a previous post, there was no reason for them to take this away.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Update

Just got the update and it does speed up the response times. The receiver responds much quicker now. As far as the comments about how the amount of recording space available is presented I don't mind the change to percentage of HD space remaining. HD and SD hours are different and had to be tracked separately, as well with the old software the hours remaining wasn't listed directly in the save screen. Moving it out front is a nice improvement. In my case I have 24 hours of HD saved with a disk usage of 39%. Pretty easy to see when it's time to delete some shows when it approaches 85% to 90%.

·
Registered
126 Posts
No sign up my update yet... however I did notice that my trip count went from zero... to one... then up to two over the past couple of days. I thought it might be SD pinging my receiver to see if it was an opportune time to download the update. However this morning it's back to zero.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The one thing I did notice now is that The Score (403 classic) is now in my guide instead of thinking it was unsubscribed to.

I have noticed slight improvement in response

Signal levels are way up almost 20 points. I do agree with zbroke in that they have artificially increased this number OR the old scale/reading was incorrect. Previously, my other units always had high levels and the 630 was the odd man out showing lower levels.

If this pixelates now at least the CSR cannot use the signal level as a potential cause.

My 2 605s also got the upgrade, but they were problem free before.

Still need to test out if after you watch a recorded show to make sure land on that show in the list of recordings. Another show needs to start recording during your viewing for this bug to be tested.

·
Registered
93 Posts
OPTIONS 4-7 Lines H and it will tell you if you are targeted...

Finally got it. Took 5 tries, last one after a hard reboot. Was about to try a factory reset if that didn't work.
Does this mean a reset can actually force the pvr to be targeted? I'm anxious to get this update -- I had two tuner freezes yesterday and one reboot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well aware of what I need to do to get 3D. I have several hundred hours of 3D in side by side format on my Directv DVR.

Also, the previous broadcasts on 233 worked exactly as expected.

This one did not - in fact, not enough HDMI header info was being passed that I could not even manually force the TVs 3D circuits to activate.
Which 3D TV do you have?

I have a Panasonic VT25 and when it comes to channel 233 I've always had to manually set the 3D mode to side by side even though the TV was set to auto detect. It was like that with my previous 530 receiver as well as the new 630 both pre and post update.

BTW very interesting to read that Directv's equipment works. :confused:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey GaryE- Im targeted- but how do you prompt/force the download- would rather do it now than overnight and screw up my recordings! Cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got mine last night.:p One area that has some improvements is with the "music" section. One can now directly type in a channel number and go to that channel. But...With the 5xx series one could toggle between show track info or not. Showing would give a brief display then fade to black. The 630 seems to keep the track info on permanently.
There does seem to be a considerable increase in response time as well when using the remote.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Got mine last night.:p One area that has some improvements is with the "music" section. One can now directly type in a channel number and go to that channel. But...With the 5xx series one could toggle between show track info or not. Showing would give a brief display then fade to black. The 630 seems to keep the track info on permanently.
You've always been able to punch in the channel number directly for the music channels and the info box has always stayed on screen. There has been discussion on here on how to try and get rid of the info box but I guess that hasn't been fixed yet.

81 - 100 of 540 Posts