Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Will the better tuner management solve the pixelization issue?
It's possible that it may be resolved under some circumstances, but we've still seen it under 04.06. We'd refer you to this post on the current workarounds. This is still being worked on.

- Skip forward sometime acting as skip backwards
This still exists, where it'll sometimes move back 4-5 seconds the first time it's used. Simply press SKIP FWD again to move forward.

- Skip fwd sometimes bring your right back to the start of the program
No one was ever able to reproduce this one reliably in order to figure out what's causing it. That said, we haven't seen it in the last few releases so fingers are crossed that it's been resolved as a by-product of other changes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What about the issue with the video window shrinking to the corner when there is a discrepancy between the format of the show you have been watching on PVR, and the channel you are currently tuned to (HD/SD)?? Sorry if I am not explaining this very well.

Has that been addressed in this update?

Is external HD recording still in the works?

Thanks for all your help and patience in reading and replying to this forum.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Will you be able to have more than 50 PVR recordings set or is that still a limitation?
There hasn't ever been a hard-coded limit. Given all the changes, you should not have any issue going over 50 Recording Events.

As always, keeping your PVR/Options menu up-to-date by clearing out old shows you no longer want to record or that are no longer airing will result in best performance. (For example, I just went through and cleared out The Amazing Race 17, Survivor: Nicaragua, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, etc.).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good to hear.

I recall you saying memory (or the way memory was being used) was an issue wth the amount of PVR recordings you can have (and still run smoothly).

I assume the memory allocation is updated to be more efficient? Also, is there the possibility of adding more memory in the future to these PVR's if it turns out that physical memory is the rot of the problem?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What about the issue with the video window shrinking to the corner when there is a discrepancy between the format of the show you have been watching on PVR, and the channel you are currently tuned to (HD/SD)?? Sorry if I am not explaining this very well.

Has that been addressed in this update?
Yes. That was caused by having the 4x3 Override enabled, and playing back a recording in the "opposite" format to the live display channel.

It's been resolved. Some users may still prefer to turn off the 4x3 Override all together and just use the ASPECT button to control the picture. Some visual inconsistencies related to this functionality have also been fixed.

Is external HD recording still in the works?
Unfortunately, we can't speak to possible future development activities.

·
Registered
340 Posts
How about the problem where it automatically switches to a previously viewed channel due to the guide crashing?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Here is a known problem

What about coming out of a recorded show and NOT landing on that show in the list of shows because another show started recording which changed the list count. This caused potential for deleting wrong recording, thinking that you would want to delete show you just finished watching.

This whole firmware upgrade is still a rumour until I see a target update on my machine:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm sure there are still ways to "crash" it and get it to reboot. If you find such a way, my advice is to let us know and then stop doing that.
Hahaha.

I'm only laughing because my 630 has worked really well since I bought it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
well it's been a nightmare upgrade for me
shaw direct exchange my 630 because of some channel freezing issue after the upgrade

·
Registered
764 Posts
what is the code to reinitiate the 630 in the hidden menu ?
because i can make come my 630 back to life but it wont stay long enough for me to call shaw direct to do the reinitioation by phone

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Option-4-9-8-8-6. Decide if you want to start fresh or not and then CONFIRM. Then go to the SD website and log in to the self service area and get a re-hit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
In regards to pixelization, this is disapointing news.
It's possible that it may be resolved under some circumstances, but we've still seen it under 04.06. We'd refer you to this post on the current workarounds. This is still being worked on.

In regards to the skip ahead, again very disapointing.
This still exists, where it'll sometimes move back 4-5 seconds the first time it's used. Simply press SKIP FWD again to move forward.

In regards to the skip ahead going back to the beginning, I agree that it is not easy to replicate. It is embarassing though when it happens while entertaining guests such as last Saturday during the Montreal/Toronto game. I had to revert to Shaw Direct bashing when it happened while I was having some friends from Toronto over. Try to explain how a PVR starts from the beginning sometimes when you press the skip ahead to go over commercial. Not very serious. THank God Montreal won...
No one was ever able to reproduce this one reliably in order to figure out what's causing it. That said, we haven't seen it in the last few releases so fingers are crossed that it's been resolved as a by-product of other changes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good post by zbroke, as a potential shaw direct future customer I am waiting for the kinks to be ironed out yet and his post showed what still needs to be addressed.

I can imagine pixelization issue might be difficult and take some time, however that is a big issue. I want to switch to shaw direct for picture quality and pixelization is a very serious problem.

With regards to the other skip ahead problems, those should be easily fixed and seem to be overlooked. Its part of any working pvr technology that has been around for years.

Still good to see there is progress.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine updated last night. I havent had much time to play around with it. But I did notice it turns on alot faster then it did before.

However, Did loose all my New series I had set up for recording. So I will have go through and reset them all again....

21 - 40 of 540 Posts