Hi gzink,Since the upgrade. Random reboots at least once a day. Also, unable to delete recordings, then hours later they disappear.
I'm having the same issues as gzink since the update... Should I also send you a PM?Hi gzink,
Send me a PM with your account number and preferred contact method if you're still having this issue and we'll put you in touch with the right folks to get it resolved.
Using the 30 second skip several times in succession brings on another set of problems. Before the update it would often go back a segment, go back to the beginning or exit the program if the remote button is pushed too fast. Not sure how effective the 4.06 was in handling these issues.I have been using the 30-second jump ahead buttons
Does Shaw Direct address the issue of how an ADSL services affects the Call Display? Or even if it can cause corruption in the receiver itself?We've spent a lot of time investigating Caller ID and looking for possible solutions. Right now, it works for the majority of people but there are some folks where it never seems to display or log.
First, if calls are logged but not displayed on screen:
- Know that the Caller ID information is displayed at the lowest priority. If you have any other menus or displays onscreen (playback bar, Guide, info banner, etc.), the Caller ID information will not appear until you close the current menu/OSD.
- For some folks, it's been determined after troubleshooting that their TV is zooming the image so far off the screen it covers all or most of the caller ID banner.
Second, if calls are neither logged or displayed, but you can successfully report back (OPTIONS 4-3-3):
- We've looked at both hardware and software modifications to change the sensitivity of the modem to the Caller ID data. The challenge here is that any changes will probably cause Caller ID to stop working for people at the opposite end of the threshold.
- We're also investigating the possibility of an external device to boost the phone line voltage in your home (e.g. Ring Booster or similar). Others with similar issues with other devices (specialty telephones, VOIP systems, etc.) have reported success with these devices, but they're fairly pricey.
We'll keep you posted on how things unfold with respect to this issue. An interesting test to try is to unplug all other phones and modems in your house, other than the 630. Then let a call come in and see if Caller ID displays on the 630. If it does, boosting the phone line voltage or removing excess devices on your line may resolve the issue for you.
Thanks for the clarification. Unless you're seeing the following, it's not a known issue so we'd be interested in figuring out what's going on.I should clarify that not all recordings are persistent. Just one or two a day refuse to be deleted. Then eventually disappear. Just to clarify.
Deleting recordings created on the live display channel
Recordings created on the channel you are currently watching cannot be deleted until one of the following occurs:
1) You change channels once. The recording can now be deleted.This only affects recordings created on the live display channel.
2) You start playback of the recording, and then stop playback. The recording can now be deleted.
3) You wait for the subsequent LOD session to be created. The recording can now be deleted.
When they can't be deleted they are not from LOD and the ones I'm mentioning have been viewed and that is why I am attempting a delete.