Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PS3 and dont ask why, but i want to use the component for video and the HDMI of the ps3 for audio into my tv with only rca inputs.

Does anyone know if i use a HDMI to RCA cable (like this) and plug the hdmi end into the ps3 and only the white and red audio outputs into the TV, will i hear audio from the tv?

if anyone knows or could try this for me (if they have the cable), id appreciate it

thanks

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Any of the PS3 (or PS2, they are the same) component cables have the red/white audio connections as well. The Sony ones, or the cheap aftermarket ones. If you are using component, you will already have those connections right on your cables.

·
Registered
815 Posts
How does an HDMI-component/RCA cable work? Is there a converter buried in the cable? Since HDMI is digital and component is analog, I would have thought it would be more complicated that just putting different connectors on each end of the cable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jay, i know most people would tell me that, but for some reason the audio component audio on my ps3 doesnt work. i was hoping it would work coming out of the hdmi output

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Three things to try:
- make sure you have RCA audio selected in the Audio setup
- try the original yellow, red, white cables that shipped with the PS3 just to make sure that the connector actually works on the PS3 (make sure you try step one)
- try another set of component cables

1 - 5 of 5 Posts