Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am new at this and I don't know if this is where it should be posted.

I have a motorola DCT 6416 III. It was connected via HDMI from cable box to AV Receiver. I turned the TV and Box off one day and went out to run some errands. When I came back and turned system on I could not get any picture or sound.

Called Cogeco and got standard 'We don't support HDMI' response. I am now connected with component cables.

I have narrowed it down to an issue with the cable box. I connected cable box directly to TV via HDMI with no results. Any advice on what could have caused this or how to fix?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pros and cons to the HDMI "standard". As you've experienced, component cables are a breeze to use while HDMI can get tricky. It's mostly a process of elimination since there are many variables with HDMI.

For instance, my PS3 and Scientific Atlanta HD PVR is connected to my pre-pro via HDMI. Pre-pro is connected to TV. These work about 95% of the time. Meanwhile, the laptop connecting to the pre-pro works about 100% for video but only about 33% for audio - meaning I can't get audio files in laptop to play through my pre-pro even while video is passing through the pre-pro.

In short, some have tried to solve their HDMI issues by doing many things, among others, powering their HT machines in a certain order, e.g. TV first, receiver next, cable box, last (or the other way around). Patience is a necessary virtue with the HDMI "standard" (almost an oxymoron).

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts