Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am using component video out of my Rogers 8300

I have a new tv that has hdmi inputs

Will the 8300 output to hdmi?

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
Yes it does.

BTW, you don't need a $260 Monster cable. You can find a decent HDMI cable for under $20.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Picked up some cables for $13 recently

I'm mounting the tv over the fireplace and have to run the cables behind it so I wanted to be sure as it will be tough to run new cables after the fact

·
Registered
698 Posts
Have you really locked on to installing over the fireplace? I thought that mounting over most fireplaces is too high for comfortable viewing and after 30 minutes or so your neck is sore from the strain of looking up. Just a heads up (no pun intended but it fits I guess). sailmaker

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
What gauge are those cables and how long are they? Is there an AVR in the mix? You can test before mounting. Agree with sailmaker about mounting over a fireplace. Unless you have good recliners, are a fair distance away, or are standing a lot, then it's a poor place to mount - plenty of prevous threads you can find by searching for "fireplace neck".

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cables are 10 foot, no idea on the gauge. As for the fireplace, yes I am aware of the issues but there is literally no other option in my family room so its got to go there. We have another one in the basement family room.

yes, there is an AVR involved, but no video switching, everything will be run direct from the blu-ray/PVR to the TV.

I'll be sure to test beforehand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts