Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, so I found the holes in my Vidoe card and beside there is a triangle and it is maker J11.
I don't know how to attach the pins though...

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
What you will need to do is solder a header into the holes so that you can attach the cable to it.

If you don't understand what I just said then it is probably not something you should attempt to do yourself.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does your back panel have an optical out? It would be simpler then to route an optical cable to your receiver, and the video to your TV via DVI or HDMI.

I've seen the internal passthrough cables on several web sites (spdif to nvidia cards). They're about 10$. Considering that 10$ will get you 6 feet of optical, I consider that a better deal.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You can also use an old CD-ROM audio cable to link the SPDIF OUTPUT to the pins on the video card. It can't get any easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@ jvincent : I know what that means but I don't want to do it myself. My friend who does a lot of programming and computer engineering can do it but he says it could ruin my Video Card if something goes wrong.

Ok so thank you all for your help but I have decided to abandon this project because I just bought 5.1 surround sound speakers for my computer and everything works like a charm! I can watch movie and play games with the same sound quality as in my living room. I appreciate everyone help, especially jvincent, and 57. Thank you!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts