Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's awesome! I didn't realize the 2-51 fix was so easy. I have non-tv signals on rf55-64 out here too and the hdhomerun software wastes time trying to lock them. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck compiling source code before (but I do understand what I have to change in the hdhomerun_channels.c file). Not sure if my computer is set up for it. I just got a new windows 10 desktop.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
orbot, get urself a raspberrypi, and use it to get a little linux under ur belt.
I looked around a little and honestly don't think I have the passion to figure out
building programs in windows. :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
majortom, thanks for looking into it, I also tried building the program myself over the past few days but just couldn't figure it out. Luckily a programmer on another forum was able to build the program for windows, so in case someone else wants a windows version of hdhomerun_config.exe with channel range of 2-51 or 2-37 for use with the rabbitears Live Bandscan software, here's a link: https://ln2.sync.com/dl/365fd3b80/atuxxqjh-i6k4uatb-i9khutqi-6ijfqfcq (I just copy/pasted one of the x86 hacked exe files over the original hdhomerun_config.exe file that came with the Silicon Dust software and it worked)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Nice orbot... Good man...
The beauty of open source software, if ya see something ya don't like,
you are free to change it.

edit: I haven't tested it since i don't run windows, but judging by the filename shouldn't the one be '2-36', and not '2-37'?
37 remains clear everywhere for astronomy.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The 2-37 file was sort of a "bonus", I mentioned that in 2 years there wouldn't be anymore channels above 37 and I might bump the thread one day, so the programmer built another file and I didn't want to bother them any longer. :)

I've been using the 2-51 file since yesterday and the live bandscanner is just blazing through now that it ignores the cell signals above 51, it's great!

261 - 266 of 266 Posts