Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a PS3 noticed that my receiver is not HDCP compliant, so i cannot use 7.1 audio. The receiver is capable of 7.1 but will not work with the PS3, the picture blacks out on racing games. Any ideas other than buying a new audio receiver. Yamaha RX-V563

·
Registered
815 Posts
Does it work if you plug the HDMI directly into the TV? (do you get sound and picture on the TV?)

Running an optical cable for sound to the receiver should get you surround sound for most games.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Yup, just run an optical audio (spdif) or coax audio (toslink) to the AV receiver. It should provide DD5.1 surround. The HDMI cable will need to go directly to the TV or an HDCP capable switch.

On a side note... What's the reason behind copy protecting game output? I guess it takes a company like Sony to come up with an idiotic idea like that. :confused:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it works fine if I use optical from PS3 to receiver and HDMI to TV from the PS3. That is the way I have it setup now.

Is is set to send LPCM through HDMI, or bitstream? I am not sure how to change this on my PS3.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you select Auto this is automatically selected along with LPCM 7.1, along with most of the other selections.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seemed to have fixed my Problem. I read on the internet that someone else had similar problems as me with the screen blacking out while playing Video games via HDMI PS3 with audio.

I changed the setting in the PS3 to 1080i and unchecked 1080p, some tv`s have issues with the 1080p. It works fine audio good no more Blackouts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts