Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I should have included a link or explanation or something. Since I was commenting on some plot points...fairly specifically...I used the spoiler tag to minimize the chances of accidental viewing. If you haven't seen recent episodes, avoid "blue boxes"...but keep recycling. ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.....he leverages that info he gave the Feds about the two muslim dudes into some kind of witness-protection program for him and his famiglia.....

Right after he clips Phil Leotardo. ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think that AJ will grab some of his father's guns and kill everyone.

Of course, I'm still waiting for Meadow to become a dancer!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Plus, they have enough storylines to tie up.
I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for all the loose ends to magically tie up.
My gut feeling on this is that we will be left will lots of unanswered questions and unresolved plot lines.

·
Registered
686 Posts
How about a movie??? Seriously, I don't think any of Gandolfini's movies have been that great (Last Castle, All The King's Men) so mebbe they will try the Big Screen for Big T.....

:D

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I really enjoyed this last episode. I don't share the view of others in this thread who are talking about it going down the tubes. It seems the writing is pretty consistent, and so far, a lot of ground has been covered in not so many episodes.

There's definitely a showdown coming with the New York family. It'll be interesting to see how that develops...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Before we all freak out this weekend, remember that it's the US Memorial Day weekend, and typically HBO does not show first-run episodes on the long weekend. I haven't checked the listings yet.....I'm just saying - be prepared for Tony et al. to be AWOL this weekend.

·
Banned
300 Posts
I really enjoyed this last episode. I don't share the view of others in this thread who are talking about it going down the tubes. It seems the writing is pretty consistent, and so far, a lot of ground has been covered in not so many episodes.

I agree I LOVE this show it just keeps getting better and better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
All I got to say is, wow! I wish they would have spread this episode over some of the previous episodes this season...although they may have done this purposefully (for contrast).

·
Registered
937 Posts
Best episode of the year! The funniest part of the episode was AJ crying in the closet. It is not looking too good for Tony. I was actually anxious watching the last 10 minutes last night. I am pumped for next Sunday!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I don't know - just seemed like a typical mob story with everyone killing everyone. No "Oh My God" moments. And it's like after all of this stalling, their trying to jam too much into the remaining time. The only shock is that some of the key characters are gone.

And what's with the lame cameos of some of the characters from the past (i.e. AJ's old girlfriend, Artie and his annoying wife, and Rosalie Aprile) - they served no purpose in moving the story along.

If you compare this to how ground breaking and shocking Six Feet Under was by the second last episode, the Sopranos pales in comparison.

My prediction for next week: Tony will get killed about 45 mins in and the remaining 15 mins will be some sort of twist like it was all a dream (a la Dallas) or all someone's imagination for a book or something (a la St. Elsewhere).

I'm hoping for one of the best endings in television history but I don't think it's gonna happen.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Great episode! How the mighty have fallen. What an appropriate image at the end: Tony lying in bed clutching a gun to his chest. Looks like the best man is going win. Tony's attempt at Phil was amateur hour compared to Phil's all-out assault on Tony's crew. God, is Paulie going to be the last man standing???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great finale coming up. Definitely a mistake imo not to stitch the final two episodes together and play it as a film, all the momentum has now been lost.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Uh, the amateur hour was largely Paulie's doing. Add in the fact Phil had already gone into hiding, and they didn't have a chance at getting it right.
Had Paulie been the contact, instead of passing it off to Parisi, the Ukrainian clues would probably have been caught much sooner. As is was, that info was filtered out by the time news got to Paulie.

As for the finale, it's definitely not looking good for Tony. In the last few episodes, he's "lost" Christopher, Sil, Bobby, and Dr. Melfi. A.J. is essentially lost as well. Junior too (not that Tony would have gone to him for counsel after the shooting, but Junior can't remember things anymore). Even Hesh and Tony aren't on good terms. Paulie's still around, but Tony thought about dumping him in the ocean a few episodes ago. Seems everything this season has been about things in Tony's life spinning out of control.

All in all, it looks set up to go exactly as Phil wanted. Which means something else will crop up... Any bets on floating asbestos playing a role in the finale? :)

81 - 100 of 184 Posts