Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The final nine episodes of HBO's landmark drama series The Sopranos will premiere day-and-date with HBO on Sunday, April 8 at 9 p.m. ET on The Movie Network and 8 p.m. PT on Movie Central.

In the new episodes of this darkly humourous look at a New Jersey crime family, allegiances are tested, decisions are made and the heat turns up. Mob boss Tony Soprano, who cheated death last year when he was shot by his now-institutionalized Uncle Junior, continues to ponder his second chance at life while facing myriad crises at home, at work and from the law. Tony's wife Carmela, son AJ and daughter Meadow each make choices that promise to change the face of the Sopranos' domestic life. At work, Tony comes to doubt the allegiances of many of those closest to him and no one - including Paulie, Bobby Bacala, Silvio or even Christopher - is above suspicion.

The Sopranos will conclude its nine-year run with a one-hour finale episode, specially written and directed by creator and executive producer, David Chase. The finale is scheduled to air on Sunday, June 10th.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the youtube link james. After watching a few different clips im more hyped then any other sopranos season!

6A was a let down.. but after seeing those 6b clips it looks like thats were they saved the best action for. I already have my pvr set hehehe :)

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
I have been waiting as long as every one else for this. However I can't bring my self to subscribe to MC-HD just for this. I looked at their site to see if there was any thing else to tempt me and there are no HD movies premiers this month. So I am going to wait for it to come out on BD. Could be a long wait.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part one of Season 6 is out on HD DVD (and probably BD). If you're gonna wait for the HD disc then expect it to come out around this Fall. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just to let you folks know... Season 6b episode one that will air this sunday has been leaked online for somet time now!! I got it off of torrent the other night. Its gunna be a good season folks!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
With Movie Central's website down, does anyone know when tomorrow's (April 9) Regenesis & Soprano's will be repeated? Silly having new episodes on Easter! Turkey/chocolate or Tony/virus, can't do both!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I wonder why TMN doesnt show next weeks preview like HBO does??
Instead TMN shows these dumb commericals... like i havent heard whats playing this month 1,000 times already lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Even though it was a bit slow, I actually found last night's show pretty good. The emphasis seemed to be on Tony's legacy and who to trust for his succession. Looks like Bobby's not on his preferred list right now(along with Christopher).

·
Registered
806 Posts
Movie Central HD started the episode about five minutes late, showing its viewers dead air. It concluded with another five minutes of dead air until the next show started. Obviously they don't have any previews or trailers.

I liked the first episode, and I'm looking forward to next week.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You always drop the gun if your wearing gloves, No fingerprinters and you don't want to get caught with it.

Has anyone ever written to MC or MN and asked them why they don't show the previews for next week? Or does HBO charge extra for that ??

Also on MCHD both entourage and sorpanos didn't start till 4 or 5 minutes after the hour, whats up with that ??? give people a chance if they miss the start on the other channel ?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
The kill was Bobbys first and Tony's revenge...although I don't think the revenge part is finished yet.

Also did anyone catch the line about the Canadian border and a wall.:p

1 - 20 of 184 Posts