Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pretty much purchased the following JVC TV
AV-48WP55
I got the TV from the Brick for 1477.00 Delivered. 12 months interest free without paying the financing fee. I also paid 200 for the 5 year extended warranty.
I am looking at purchasing the following Home theatre in a box
JVC TH-M303 5-Disc Home Theatre System
Any feed back on my potential purchases would be much appreciated. I am having issues finding a lot of info in JVC HD RPTV's. Are these good deals? Is it worth the 5 year warranty. I read the article on this subject so I am considering dropping it and buying a better HT or TV. Any info would be much appreciated. I just switched from Starchoice to Rogers HD. Got a sweet deal from Rogers to switch will give the link is anyone is interestedlink . Only difference is I got 4 months for everything.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Without asking me, a friend of mine bought that set (said the wife liked the look of it better). It's nice enough, but it's no Toshiba. My problem right now is that NOBODY seems to have the slightest bit of info on calibrating one of these, so if my friend really wants me to calibrate his, he'll have to buy a service manual. Just calibrating his with AVIA revealed that the set has a very weak power supply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i got the hitachi 46f500,love it.
future shop had them on sale this past week for like $1800 with the stand.i paid around $2300 six months ago :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FS has this Sony KP51WS520 on sale this week for 1999.99. Is it worth the $500 more than my JVC? Still have until next week until my JVC gets delivered. Spoke to a salesman at Audio Video and he said that 1477 is a good price for the JVC and that it is a pretty good tv just not that popular. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I would also audition the Panasonic PT47-WX54. Costco has it for $1,600. I have the previous years model and I like it.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
JohnnyG said:
I would highly recommend the Toshiba 46H84.
I have a SD Toshiba 55" and must say that I have not seen anything that can match Toshiba for PQ (I have a freind with an RCA and one with a Sony and the picture comes no where near the Toshiba line.

JohnnyG:

Do you know if the Toshiba TV now support discreate codes? My Toshiba doesn't...one thing I would love on it.

Alt

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I looked at the Toshiba 51HX84 at Future Shop and the picture was noticeably blurry compared to other sets around it with the same feed.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Altaman, I assume you mean discrete codes for power? Yes they do, but the codes might not be all that easy to find (probably on remotecentral.com though).

peano, that's absolutely meaningless. Probably just misconvergence, which is pretty simple to correct with a combination of Touch Focus and the 56-point user convergence Toshiba has now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts