Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm moving to a new home that has an existing Bell dish with only LNB. I have purchased an HD PVR box from Bestbuy and am waiting for Bell to ship me the new dish with dual LNB's. In the mean time, am I able to use the HD PVR box with the existing dish (one LNB) to view standard television shows until I setup the new dish? I live in a remote area of Canada where it's -30 degrees outside, and I do not have a Bell technician in my area that will install the dish, so I'd rather wait until summer to setup the new dish and then activate the HD programming then. One Bell employee told me I could use the HD PVR box with the existing dish (with just one cable) to view standard television shows, whereas another said I had to have dual LNB's in order for the HD PVR to work. Any clarification would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It will work with 1 LNBF and only 1 Input but it will work MUCH better if you can add a 2nd line from that single LNBF to the 2nd Input of the Receiver.

If you were to pick up a DPP Twin LNBF and a DPP Seperator, you can then fully enjoy the receiver with HD & SD all with just the one cable feeding it.

LNBF DPP Twin;

DPP Seperator;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Would you be able to tell me where I can purchase a DPP Twin LNBF and a DPP Seperator?

Also, The Bell dish appears to be older, does this matter?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The On-Line Auction site should be a good spot to check out.

Yes the Dish will matter, it needs to be a 20" (51cm) one, that should have a "Y" yolk at the front, to hold 2 x LNBF's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts