Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this on the Telus channels page. in the movie packs section
in the fine print

"Selection of the Movie 4 or 6 Pack adds CW LA, CW Chicago, PIX11 New York, My 9 New York and TV 38 Boston.

Super Channel & Movie 4 & 6 packs comes with CW LA, CW Chicago, CW New York, My9 New York & TV38 Boston.

Movie HD comes with CW LA HD, CW Chicago HD, CW New York HD & TV38 Boston HD.
Super Channel HD comes with CW LA HD, CW New York HD & TV38 Boston HD"

it looks like you can get >just< the HD channels but there is no pricing for the HD only? Tried calling Telus but they busy today. (long waits)

so thought i would ask if anyone here has just the HD movies?

i always thot you had to get the SD version to also get the HD but why would they list them as separate if they included or you had to get SD first.

(ps - i did manage to get in yesterday to cancel movie 6 and added HiFi HD -
it was during that call i was told i qualified to get SuperChannel free for 3 months - sure why not - just wanted to pass that on incase others also qualify)

·
Registered
176 Posts
For the Movie 4, Movie 6 and Super Channels, you pay for SD and HD is free.

I have Movie 4, comes with 5 (2 HBOs, 3 Movie Central) and 3 HD (2 HBOs, 1 Movie Central) plus Superstations SD and HD.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. but my question was can you get the HD channels only?
why would Telus go to the trouble of listing everything separately?
if movie 4 or 6 comes with SD AND HD and the superstations + HD
why would they list movie HD and that it comes with the superstations on
a separate line?
the way they have it listed it looks like 4 separate packages

·
Banned
548 Posts
With the exeption of HiFi HD (Oasis, Treasure, RADX, and EQHD) you must have the SD to get the HD. Once you have 3 or more HD add ons there are no further charges for HD, and you should get anything you add in HD also if its available.

So to answer your inquiry Blintok, no you can`t get just the HD programming of any channel except those I listed.

- another TELUS tech

1 - 4 of 4 Posts