Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

361 - 380 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
They are working on getting rid of the duplicates, so I have been told. I did ask about whether they will get a new guide to combine both classic and advanced but the advisor didn't know about that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The new guide enhancements loaded down on my 2 605s last night. Full screen guide is nice feature, the rest work as advertised. They still haven't fixed the duplications problem which is quite annoying

·
Registered
27 Posts
This wasn't mentioned anywhere on enhancements notice, the buttons that formerly moved you 6 hours ahead or back in the guide now will jump ahead or back 1 1/2 hours in the short guide and 2 1/2 hours in the full guide. Nice!

·
Registered
409 Posts
My 605 is downloaded but my 600 isn't yet. My wife likes the designation of the new program and I like the fact it will skip fast forward through the guide.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This wasn't mentioned anywhere on enhancements notice, the buttons that formerly moved you 6 hours ahead or back in the guide now will jump ahead or back 1 1/2 hours in the short guide and 2 1/2 hours in the full guide. Nice!
I would prefer it to stay at 6 hours... maybe another key will jump 6 hours?
It works great to see the guide days ahead with only 1 1/2 hour jump it will require alot of key pressing to move say 10 days in the guide.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got the update last night on my 630.
I really think it's a big improvement ,I really like the new episode icon when searching the guide.
However the duplicate channel issue in the guide is not acceptable ,why can't they fix this?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Nice touch

Just got an alert banner on the top of the screen telling me that a new software update is available. It gave me the option of waiting till 2am or downloading now. I was only watching The National so I clicked on now and it is downloading. Nice touch.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I checked to see if I had been targeted at around 9am this morning but nothing yet. Went out for a bit. Got home around 10:30am and I just checked to see if I was targeted and YES i am! Downloading now.

So Crispy check to see if you have been targeted.

·
Registered
849 Posts
not sure if this feature was there before or not but...

if you press the down arrow while just regular watching, you'll get a small status update banner indicating signal strength, hard drive space and a few other things

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
One flaw I'm noticing with the new update is channel surfing. The channel banner is hit or miss when pressing the channel UP/DOWN button to go up or down the channels. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Very odd.

361 - 380 of 403 Posts