Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a dish installed by Bell yesterday. I will get specifics tonight but yesterday when I checked I had 59 and 79 as my signal strength. When I was watching some HD movies I noticed the screen would sometimes freeze or have a bit of a jitter. Could this be related to what I think is a weak signal? Using a new 9241.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response. Yes I'm in kitchener and thought they were low yesterday when I was a perfectly clear day.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
75% is considered to be the minimum reliable signal for HD. That allows a little margin for bad weather. 90% is a lot better and the signal should be over that for most TPs in SWO. Below 60% there will be HD dropouts. It sounds like the dish needs to be aligned.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sounds like a Zyecomm Installation.......lol

Give them a shout, or Bell of course. If you struggle getting hold of the Contractor, drop me a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a painfully long first support call last night they scheduled someone to come out again this weekend.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That is totally UNACCEPTABLE, they should get it fixed now, atrocious Customer Service. It is only Tuesday, I would be calling Bell and raising hell with them.

At the very least you should get some credits for not being ably to watch what you are paying for.

I would push for a faster repair job. If it is just a pointing issue, they do not even need you to be home, they can re-aim the Dish and leave you a note.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts