Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if in my area that I'd be able to receive all the HD channels cogeco offers if I was to subscribe to them? I'm currently with starchoice because 2 years ago when I moved in cogeco wasn't offering all there hd channels in my area. Recently I got a letter saying that cogeco was doing upgrades in the area. When I check online using my postal code (l2v 1z4) it shows that I'd be able to receive all of them, but when I went to the store and spoke to the person they said my area hadn't been upgraded and that I wouldn't be able to get channels such as nat geo hd, speed hd, golf hd...and he may have listed a few others too. Any employees able to check this out for me?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Judging from your Postal Code, you are in an older part of Thorold near Merritt. I wouldn't put too much faith in the upgrade promises from Cogeco. I live in Confederation Heights but I stay with Shaw Direct for the HD offerings and the great PQ, even though Cogeco upgraded my area 10 years ago.

Being near the top of the escarpment, you might also consider OTA digital as an alternative. A digital antenna might work quite well for your location.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If i was you I stay with Shaw Direct i miss Shaw i kinda had to go with Cogece as i live in a apartment now which sucks we are not aloud to have dishs

·
Registered
171 Posts
OTA down at the bottom of the hill where your located can be tricky.....you will have a huge time trying to bring in NBC......however you will bring in over 20-22 HD Channels with an OTA.....and its great at SuperBowl time to use it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts